an unwanted reunion, uncertain feelings and a girl's regrets.

Toad is currently sleeping in professor Port's class because it's really boring due to professor port telling another one of his childhood stories. After that class was over, it was straight to lunch.

Weiss: hey Toad. I've been meaning to ask. What did you do before you came to beacon?
Toad: well I went to a regular school. And in that school, I had a crush on a girl named Nene. I confessed my feelings for her but she rejected me.
Pyrrha: why?
Toad: she thinks I'm not strong enough for her.
Velvet: but we saw you at the initiation! You don't look weak to us.
Toad: try telling that to her. She judged me for my appearance because of my shyness.
Jaune: just because you're shy, doesn't mean that you're weak.
Neptune: I agree. And you don't even look weak.
Sun: yeah dude. Shy people can be strong too.
Toad: she doesn't think so.

Of course unknown to them, a certain girl listened in on their conversation.

Nene: *to herself* that's not the only reason.

Timeskip. Nene caught up with Toad on his way to combat class.

Nene: hey Toad! Wait up!
Toad: what do you want Nene? I'll be late for my next class.
Nene: listen. There's something I need to clear up. You being weak wasn't the only reason why I rejected you. You see I just got out of a bad relationship and broke up with my ex boyfriend because he cheated on me for some random slut.
Toad: *seething* and that made it ok to reject me?
Nene: n-no it wasn't. I-I didn't mean to reject you. I just wasn't ready for a relationship again so soon. I regret rejecting you.
Toad: I'm not as weak as you may think. I'm stronger than I look.
Nene: I know that now. It's just that I've been lonely when you were gone. So please. Give me a chance.
Toad: I don't know. You really hurt me when you rejected me. I had to vent all my frustration out on the grimm.
Nene: I'll wait for you until you're ready.