Heartless? ; 𝙸𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚘

Author's Point of View
-

-

**gunshot sounds**

The room suddenly fills with silence as the yelling abruptly stops. Though the silence was pretty short-lived, as the next sound to fill the room was one of a certain device's ring tone.

And the woman was anything but slow to answer it, immediately placing that very device up to her ear as she spoke-

And with all seriousness, she began,

"Yes?"

"Is it done?" The man asked bluntly.

"Yes."

"Good. I'll be seeing you in a few days. Make sure to check your email in exactly ten hours, for further details." The male on the other line spoke bluntly before receiving a hum from the female.

And then the line just cut.

"Jackass." The female proceeds to sneer as she tosses the mobile device to the ground. She then proceeded to pull out a cigarette from her jacket pocket before lighting it up.

The sound of a lighter closing then just made a click as she blew out the smoke she'd inhaled.

She was conflicted, at the moment.

If only the people she knew, knew of the obstacles she faced day in and day out...

The amount of people she'd put through absolute hell, if they knew about her line of work-

**woman scoffs**

She knew they'd probably just think she was some "heartless" gangster...

Hence the reason she must keep her private life as it was. "Private"
-

-

-

-

-
"Ah! Elena, are you heading out?" The young woman spoke as she washed one of the glass plates, placing it under the water before sitting it on the dish rack. Elena only smiled.

She then turned towards the younger with that small smile before nodding her head slightly.

"Yes, I have a date this evening that I musn't be late to." The older female began as the younger one only nodded in understanding.

"Well, good night then. I'll just lock up after. And I'll make sure to tell Elise of your whereabouts." The lady then says sweetly whilst the woman named "Elena" only nodded and smiled.

"Thank you very much, Isla. It means a lot that you are doing this for me." Elena speaks as she grabs her coat and checks her phone.

"Well, I'll be seeing you~" Elena then finishes as she leaves out of the restaurant from the back, throwing on her long coat in a swift movement.

At last, it was finally the end of the day.

Her long day of hard work was finally over. And though that only meant she had much more work to deal with the following day, she was relieved to get a break from her other life.

Her other life-

As an assassin.