Chap 6

If one asked Lightning about himself, the boy would describe anything but melancholy. He'd rather find something to be occupied than sit around with his thoughts. Lightning never knew what to do with them.

After ran out of details about his world, and endured endless teasing from him, the conversation between him and Ocho had ended in silence. The fruit of an engineer completely focused on his stuff to attempt small-talk, and Lightning who didn't know how to start one or dare to bother him. The boy tried to entertain himself by inspecting everything inside Ocho's lab. Though soon, there was nothing left to see. At times like this, Lightning wished he had a social skill like his Wind counterpart or smart like Cahaya, had he been at least able to assist Ocho in some way. But then, Lightning wouldn't have been Lightning anymore.

As boredom surrounded him, all Lightning left was brooding, about his situation and the fate of his dear friends. He still couldn't remember what had happened before, and what was the cause of the holes in his memories. The more Lightning tried to remember, the more blank his head became. What had been he doing? Had he hit his head so hard somewhere at some point? Had Boboiboy and his friends been going on a mission? Why did Boboiboy split? Since they've been in the middle of a fight?

And most important, had they been safe in their original world or been blasted away to another dimension like him?

... Had they worried about him just like he missed them?

Lightning cringed, at his mushy thoughts or the throb of a headache, he wasn't sure. Neither way, he needed to stop. The lack of memory was alarming, at least in exchange, it gave him something to work towards solving. For now, he could not afford to woolgather. The boy messed up his hair before slumped down on the table.

Lightning cursed his second from the bottom ability to deal with emotions.

"You can ask me anything you want to know, if you're that bored."

The boy lifted his face off the table to the source of the voice. Through his black goggles, Ocho's electric blue eyes were on him for a moment before they returned to whatever device he was working on. "I'm not sure how much I can provide you, but I will try. Or do you want to hear my life story instead?"

Lightning continued to ogle at him. The engineer shifted his head at him and raised an eyebrow at the lack of response.

"Why the sudden change of heart?" The boy blunted, popped an arm on the table, and rested his head on it. If he didn't know better, he'd think that Ocho was being considerate towards him. The person in question gave out a sigh and leaned back on his chair. He stretched his arms up then answered.

"Talking to other people is a good way to relieve all sorts of stress, including homesickness... Someone often reminded me of that. Besides, your continual groan is distracting. I don't understand how you became a zombie after just an hour." Ocho scowled. Lightning blushed a little because he had no idea he had been that loud.

This Ochobot just couldn't stay lovable for a minute, could he? He complained inwardly, waiting for his heated cheek to cool down. However, it didn't mean Lightning spurned the engineer's invitation. Beggars can't be choosers. And it was a golden chance for him to learn more about the world he had stumbled into.

"Can you tell me more about Yaya's relationship with the <me> of this world?"

Ocho halted, visible. This time, it was the engineer's turn to gauge at him instead of answering. His behavior began to bother Lightning as time passed.

"What?" Asked the boy.

"Of all things, I didn't expect that was your first question." Ocho shook his head. The corner of the engineer curled up ever slightly.