Fire On Fire // CAMREN semi-au

//A/N: Heyyyy what's up? I have to thank the awesome lauren_jaurebae for this idea and I really hope I did it some justice! It's losely based on fire on fire by Sam smith. Enjoy!//

Lauren glances Camila's way with a pitifully longing look in her eyes that everyone else seems to notice, except for Camila.

So Camila looks back at her with a beaming smile and waves because that was her best friend.

Dinah barely contains her cringe at the sight of Lauren's hurt puppy dog look - mostly because she's told Lauren to just tell Camila.

"Hey Lo!" The older 15 year old cheerfully giggles, playfully nudging into her best friend. "What? Do I have something in my teeth?"

The girl bares her teeth goofily to Lauren, who simply smiles and shakes her head in response.

"No, you just look really good today Camz."

Because it was the truth, Camila looked adorable in the little polka dot dress she wore, and it'd made it really hard to focus for Lauren.

"Aww.. thanks!" The smaller girl twirls for emphasis, "You always look good!"

To everyone around it could've been a sweet interaction between two friends, but to Dinah and Lauren it was painful how unplatonic Lauren's compliment was and how badly Camila's had made her blush.

Seriously, she'd never been that red in her life.

No one brought it up, and in seconds the small group of girls were brought to the doors of the radio station by their bodyguards to meet up with the remaining two members.

Camila noticed Lauren's furiously blushing face the second the words left her mouth though, but if she was completely honest no one had ever crushed on her, so why would Lauren of all people decide she was fit for attraction?

And so, she brushed it off.

Just like she brushed off Lauren's lingering glances everytime Camila smiled or began goofing off- hell sometimes even when she was just sitting there.

Because that's what friends do, right?

--
'You are perfection, my only direction,'

"You are.. perfection." Lauren breathes slowly, hand coming to run through her wavy black hair.

The newly-17 year old beams up at Lauren with a spark of insecurity in the chocolate eyes she'd fallen in love with, and begins bouncing on her toes.

"You think so? I don't know if the crop top works.." Camila mumbles.

Lauren's heart literally clenches at the sight of the younger girl's insecurity. Management hadn't let them really all hang out together since the release of Reflection unless it was for an interview or performance, and they were all going out tonight.

All five of them. So why was Camila so nervous?

Well, Lauren was there. And in a leather jacket. And all hot and stuff.

"Camz," the older girl huffs and her hands come up to brush against the younger girl's shoulders. "You look amazing."

It takes a few minutes, considering Lauren is literally right behind Camila and the younger girl can feel her breath on her neck and it was borderline driving her crazy, for Camila to relax into Lauren's touch, but when she does, it's with a beaming smile sent to the girl through the mirror.