Into You

"Let me get this straight, you're dealing with your problem by letting your problem take you to the land of free flowing alcohol for a week?"

Rosie narrows her eyes at Lisa, doesn't like the implicating tone she's using. "It's spring break, we do this every year."

Lisa raises an eyebrow at her. "Right," she says with a hint of amusement, "I'm sure this year will be just like any other year."

"Screw you," Rosie chokes out and drags her luggage with her out the door.

"Screw me?? You'll have to buy me dinner first." Lisa retorts with a wink.

-/-/-/-

Rosie doesn't mean to let herself be cornered into the spring break trip, it just kind of happens.

Between cramming for exams and having little attention span for anything else, when Jisoo approaches her with plans for their break, Rosie ends up mindlessly agreeing to whatever as quickly as possible just to get back to memorizing the debate notes she doesn't even remember taking in the first place.

That and Jisoo was seriously all up in her space. That's something she really didn't need, not then or ever.

"Remember, we've got the red eye flight right after your final exam!"

"Yeah, sure." Rosie murmurs at her and hates how Jisoo feels the need to literally crowd inches away from her face.

If it were any other girl, Rosie wouldn't be complaining.

But, it's Jisoo, because nothing in Rosie's life ever seems to go in her favor. And now Rosie has a Jisoo problem that she has more issues with than she'd like to admit, so she swallows the lump in her throat and ignores the way Jisoo's face falls as she half pushes her out of her room.

She's terrible at dealing with her problems, so sue her.

Or maybe don't, she's still a couple dozen lectures away from mastering the Socratic method. Maybe wait until she passes her debate class first, she'll probably have it in the bag by then.

-/-/-/-

Flying is terrible in and of itself. It's not that Rosie has a fear of flying, she just hates dealing with the headache associated with it, the rush to get to the airport in time, going through security, having to sit through a red eye flight.

They're not cheap because it's the prime time to fly, they're cheap because it sucks and no one wants to be on a flying metal death trap when you could be sleeping.

Rosie had expected Jisoo to talk her ear off about what they'd be doing in Vegas but instead she's forced to let her shoulder be used as a pillow while Jisoo slumbers away.

It's far from the worst thing that could happen but Rosie's stomach still turns on itself.

They arrive in Las Vegas in one piece.

But Rosie's not so sure they'll be leaving the same way.

-/-/-/-

"I'm dying. I'm dead," Jisoo groans into Rosie's ear, body pressed limply against her in an unfamiliar room.

Well, it wouldn't be spring break if at least one them didn't wake up needing a new liver.

-/-/-/-

They drift in and out of sleep through the morning, silence broken intermittently only by the sounds of Jisoo's lamenting.

"I'm going to throw up," she says for the fourth time in as many hours. Jisoo breaths come in deep, shallow heaves against Rosie's neck. She doesn't make a move to get to the bathroom, just stays put behind Rosie, arm slung loosely around her waist.