Chapter 16

Diamonds POV

The next morning, I woke up with Deshae parting words from last night still on my mind. I was still so baffled on what he was about to say before he cut himself off. I racked my brain for any possible answer but nothing came to mind. Shaking my head in disappointment, I got up and got ready for another unproductive day. "Mondyyyy! We gotta go to training! Hurry  the hell up!"

Well scratch that then.

Putting the last finishing touches on my hair, I scrambled down the stairs to see the whole family waiting with fed up expressions. "Umm.. I forgot?" I said sheepishly with a small smile. They all just kissed their teeth at me while telling me to get in a car. As I walked out in to garage, I was surprised to see Shae and T waiting for us also kitted out  in training wear. They're coming? Shrugging, I jumped into Queen and waited for whoever was riding with to to hop in as well. And by waiting, I mean slamming on to the cars horn repeatedly until they hurried up. "Little girl don't you ever go slamming that horn at me again, you hear me?" Shit.

"Sorry mum, I though Sapph was riding with me," she side eyed me in disbelief and simply hummed.

Pushing the keys in the ignition, I drove off at a leisurely pace with everyone about half a mile in front of me. Mum was still scrolling through my playlist to pick a song when she suddenly announced, "Oh we're racing by the way so..." there were a few beats of silence as my mind struggled to comprehend what she'd just said.

"What?!" Not wanted to lose to the four idiots, I stepped on the gas just as the music came on. The familiar beat of 'Be careful' by Cardi B came on and I nodded my head in time with the music. Then my mum started rapping;

I wanna get married, like the Currys, Steph and Ayesha shit
But we more like Belly, Tommy and Keisha shit
Gave you TLC, you wanna creep and shit
Poured out my whole heart to a piece of shit

"Okayyyy! Go mama!" I cheered on as I somehow managed to record her while simultaneously driving dangerously fast. Damn she was going all out like someone had really hurt her. She was even pointing and shit. That's when you know they're feeling it. We sang together on the chorus together and then the song ended. By that time we were a couple of cars behind the others. But for real who's even driving at this hour? It is literally 7 in the morning. "Whoo I needed that shit. I was wound up as fuck," mum stated why reapplying her lipgloss.

"Why the fuck were you, of all people wound up?" I asked genuinely confused.

"Just some things baby, don't worry about it," I nodded and was about to smile at her when she screamed at me, "Go fucking faster! Damnnn! Now they're going to fucking win and I can't have that," Rolling my eyes at her ways I went even slower just to piss her off.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? I knew I dropped you too many times when you were a baby but I didn't know it would affect you this much!" I furrowed my brows at this and remembered how she told me I was born with that scar on my head. She really is a good liar.

Now pouting, I said, "Just trust me." All she did in return was slump down in her seat and hmmp. Chuckling, I continued going at our relatively slow pace. All of a sudden, I did a sharp 180° and proceeded to drive backwards in the wrong lane. Easily swerving and bypassing all the cars, I reached for my phone to turn a song on. Act up by City Girls played and I turned it up to its maximum volume.

REAL ASS BITCH GIVE A FUCK BOUT A NIGGA,

BIG BIRKIN BAG HOLD FIVE SIX FIGURES,

STRIPES ON MY ASS SO HE CALL THIS PUSSY TIGGER,

FUCKING ON A SCAMMING ASS RICH ASS NIGGA!

We screamed at the top of our lungs as we zoomed past Dad, Sapph and Shae and T. Deshae looked at us in disbelief and T looked as if he knew this was going to happen. Dad tried to go faster but just ended up going the same speed.

Just before I turned us back around I saw Sapph yelling at Dad to probably step on the fucking pedal. "See? Now what do you have to say?" I smirked at my mum. She kissed her teeth but said I was was right and she loved me. I heard her muttering but I could only make out a few words. 'With your....dented head....down the stairs...' Huh? I frowned and decided to ignore her weird words.

As we pulled up the the warehouse, I was reminded that today I get to beat some bitch down. Thinking of who to pair up with, Deshae crossed my mind. Oh but he probably doesn't want a girl to beat him. Awww. Sorry princess. Guess you're getting picked today. I cackled evilly to my self and my mum took a step back in mock fear.
"Deffo something wrong," she said over her shoulder before scurrying off inside to swear and yell at the people in there.

Finally, the others arrived ,all sulking, and we trekked on inside. Fire and I gave out the drill while Dad, Mum, Shae and T all paired up with different people. Just as Deshae was getting ready to ask a guy to pair up I jogged over. "Na-uh. You with me." He scoffed at this and tried to turn around most likely thinking I was joking. Oh so what happened to soft Deshae? I knew this guy was deffo bipolar or something. When he realised I really wasn't he looked me up and down in amusement and cockily stated, "I can take you down in 1 minute maybe even less."

"Oh really?" Now I was amused."Wanna bet?" He nodded, "Okay if I win you have to tell your whole mafia that I beat you. What do you want?"

"I don't even need anything seeing as I will beat you."

"Okay. Okay everyone gather round. We just made a deal and whoever wins will get whatever they wanted right?" He nodded in confirmation. We got in of the middle of the ring and got ready.

Somewhere behind me I could hear somebody's arse murmuring and I could only assume that it was T. 'Dumb ass bitch has he not learnt or sum? His weak ass gonna get beat and I ain't gon' take his side this time. Raggedy ass foolish ass cocky ass motherfucker. Hmm.' Out of the corner of my eye I saw him tie his hair up and relax back into one of the available chairs.

Staring into Deshae's, eyes I smirked. That seemed to rile him up. This is gonna be a fun!