introduction

Hi, and welcome to The Waiting Game; the long awaited sequel/spin off to The Orion Project. Now, I assume that you're here because you've read the first book, if you haven't, shoo, go read it because this book won't make much sense to you until you've read TOP.

Now, for my returnees, welcome, we've waited for this moment a long time. I planned to write this book earlier in the year but life and a whole bunch of other obligations kept me from doing so. I started working on The Orion Project when I was a diploma student in Lagos State University and during a year break, I couldn't visualize the story anymore while I was out of campus. Now, here we are in 2021, I'm in 200L now and back on campus so yes, I'm back with the world of secret cults and murders.

The Waiting Game is a spin-off and will be told majorly from the perspective of Joshua Phillips who we met and love-hated in book one. He's back and wicked as ever, except, things aren't going so well for him either.

Like The Orion Project, this book is a thriller — but this one leans into being a political thriller, dabbling more into the runnings of university politics and it's messy as you can think off. Without further ado, I invite you to join me on this scary, wild journey.

******

Disclaimer:

Trigger warnings for murder, language, mentions of sexual abuse and violence.

******

Blurb

It has been over a year since Joshua Phillips chose The Orion Project and murdered his own father. Amidst ruling as new leader and keeping the balance between all organizations in the prestigious Lagos State University, Joshua finds himself in the middle of a new war. Over a year since former president of the student union was found dead; strangled and left with a mysterious note, the killer strikes again and this time, taking the life of Joshua's third in command.

The Orion boss suddenly rinds himself in the middle of a dangerous puzzle, one that forces him to work the extra mile to solve. Enter Ninah Adams, the new transfer student in his class who seems to know more than she lets on. The two of them team up to work to catch the murderer.

But all odds are against Joshua and his name isn't the only thing about to be dragged into the mud, if the killer can help it — his very dead body.

******

Playlist:

1. Bad dream, Ruelle
2. Peru, Fireboy DML
3. Get some, Lykke Li
4. Girl is a gun, Halsey
5. All Star, Smashmouth
6. Fallen Fruit, Lorde
7. Save your tears, The Weeknd
8. Starboy, The Weeknd
9. Woske, Olamide
10. No body, no crime, Taylor Swift feat. HAIM