Chapter 1

"They say the vampire turned up!" "Oh dear, how dreadful!" "The vampires were defeated, were they not?" "How horrifying!" "My great great grandfather has said to have seen a vampire!" "Those are some old folktales... They're not real."

    Those were the words you heard while looking at the newspaper posted at a public bulletin board. You sigh at the words as they are filled with fear and disregarded feelings for those who lerk among them. You turned to your right to see a young lad, around the same age as you, with lovely white hair and violet eyes.  You then saw him turn to the distance as if he had heard something. You turn to where he is looking at and saw a maiden feeling a little ill. You tried to turn to the lad but he was nowhere to be seen. You turned back to the maiden and saw the same lad catching her.

        You followed the two secretly as they rested at a café. The lad questioned the lady if she wanted to go to the infirmary as she looked very pale and cold. You squinted your eyes as you knew that she's the target that you and your brother is seeking off. You listened to their conversation closely at a nearby table drinking tea, then you caught a glimpse of his suitcase rocking back and forth. You narrowed your eyebrows as a white heterochromic cat broke free and landed itself to the lady. You sweat dropped as you were almost scared for the lady to be scratched on by a cat.

     You then learned that the lady's name is Amelia and she seeks of a doctor who is going to cure her. 'That idiot... He never mentioned that there are two doctors!' You angrily thought as you aggressively drink your tea. Then the announcement called upon that the La Baleine is arriving to Paris shortly. Then out of nowhere, the lad ran to the nearest window to see the view. You stood up and joined the lad, "Paris!" You heard him as you smile, "Is it your first time in Paris?" You asked as the lad turned to you, "Ah, Y-Yes!" He said as you fully turned to him, "I see, a little sight seeing, I presumed?" You asked as to know what is his purpose of coming to Paris. "No, there is something I seek." He said as Amelia walked up to you both, "You seek something?" She asked as the lad closes his eyes and mutter the words... "The Book of Vanitas." He said as you felt Amelia's breath took a hitch. You glanced from the corner of your eye to Amelia, who is incredibly shocked, while the lad described the book to both of you.

•~•~•~•~•

     He explained on why he seek the book while the two of you ladies walked behind him. When Amelia took a knee and heavily huffed, "Mademoiselle! Are you not well?!" The lad said as you put a hand over him before Amelia shouted, "Do not touch me!" Then the lights went off by exploding glass. You tsk at your breath before turning to the lady, "Mademoiselle... Your eyes... Are you a vampire?" The lad asked as fangs of Amelia came to view before you heard glasses shatter behind you. You sigh below your breath before you stepped aside while your brother do all the work.

    But alas, the maiden was swept off by the lad with violet eyes. "Well, I thought I had you." Your brother said as you walked towards his place. "You're late you ignorant buffoon! You should've done it when she's alone." You said as you pounded his head lightly. Your brother ignored you as he asked who the lad is, "I could ask the same to you both." The lad said as his eyes of violet turned threatening, "Our business is with the maiden, alone." You said as your brother stood next to you, "Here's some friendly advice. Leave her and go. If you don't... You're in for a world of pain." Your brother said as you glanced at the look your brother is giving. "I cannot do that." The lad said as you knew it is going to be hard on your part now. 'I swear if he pat my back—' You thought as you felt him pat your back. And irk popped on your head as you sigh and ripped your dress into your usual outfit.

 And irk popped on your head as you sigh and ripped your dress into your usual outfit