Chapter 10

The ballroom went silent. All vampires were confused as to why you both wanted revenge on Vanitas, the Blue Moon Vampire. All of them except Noé... He stood there shocked as you looked down, gripping your brother's hand. Noé now understood why... Why you were both desperately trying to save his kind. 'I see... So that's why... Both of you... Vanitas, Y/N...' He thought before just did the unbelievable. "And so... That's why!!" He said as you and the rest of the ones inside of ballroom just got baffled by what just happened. "If there is anyone among you who thinks that they are a curse-bearer, please! Step forward! Don't be shy! I, Vanitas, the vampire specialist will save you without fail!" Vanitas said and you just can't believe what you just hear. You then lift your fist and came contact to the top of his head with enough force to wake him up to this stupid thing he did. "Are you really an idiot?! Why would they come forward and say that to strangers that are human?!" You said and the whole ballroom heard it, cause anger and concern looks from Dominique, Luca and Noé.

Then a voice came out that you are too familiar with... "My my... I was wondering what the fuss was about.. Whatever are humans doing here?" You turned to the source and sure enough... You saw a white haired woman with a fox mask. You feared the worse, and that is she recognizing you and attacking Vanitas. "Not only that... One of them is a man." She said as she describes how filthy humans smell. You blinked... Fearing for your life, you saw Jeanne from the other balcony. You both met eyes and you now wished Jeanne gets the message about getting Vanitas out of there. Then you turn to Noé, you both locked eyes and signaling for help. Noé nodded as you turn to Veronica De Sade, studying her move. "Fine then... I'll dispose them myself." Veronica said as Jeanne's weapon broke the chain of the chandelier. Jeanne and Noé jumped from their place and catch you and Vanitas. But Vanitas got taken away by Jeanne in a mask while Noé safely got back to the balcony where Luca is. He too wore a mask. Noé safely let you down from his arms as you heard the chandelier crash from below. You can hear the vampires shocked at both of your disappearance. "Let's go and get out of here." You said to the two, although they are confused why you wanted to get out but they nodded eventually and got out of that balcony.

"Why are we running from the ballroom?!" Luca asked as you three find a good hiding spot to rest in. "Because that was Veronica De Sade, and she does not like men... Let alone humans... And she also hates me for being a human in the academy back then, I'm screwed if she recognized me." You said as you tried to find the zipper on Dominique's dress that she let you borrow. "The academy? You lived here in Altus before?" Luca asked as it was a painful memory of yours and you don't wanna talk about it but you will give some few ones. "I did... I studied a little at the academy before... But right now, our best bet on avoiding the hunt is too get out of here.." You said as you tried to look around to see if any vampires coming. Noé then talked to Luca as he explained why Jeanne is here and wanting to see you three once more. "Luca..." You said before Luca apologized, making the two male look at you. "You don't have to apologize... I felt that what you did is for your brother.. I get it.. So don't apologize... At least, let's try to be companions from now on... You can call me, Y/N, if you will. And you can just call him, Noé." You said as you hand out your hand and Luca shakes it with a little hesitation. "Now, why don't we-" You said as you stopped.. You saw Noé and Luca hold their ears, "What's wrong?" You asked as you found the zipper. "A type of sound. It's hurting our ears." Noé said as Luca nodded. You tilted your head in confusion, "But I don't hear it... Why can't I...?" You said as you three walked towards the stairs and saw a curse-bearer. Then it all made sense to you. "Noé! Get Luca behind you!" You said as you took off the zipper and tossed the bottom part behind before pulling out your sword from underneath. "We need to get Luca out of here!" You said as Luca got carried by Noé. You both took the back entrance and right before you three got out, the vampires that were in charge of Luca came and blocked your paths. "Master Lucius!" One of them said but you bit your finger and placed it on the blade of your sword then it glowed blue. "Thank goodness your oka-" Then in a split second, they were killed by another vampire. Luca went pale as he saw the blood. You took your stance, "Keep behind me Luca." You said to Luca as Noé hold him behind as well. 'These two are stable... They're not like the other curse-bearers.' You thought as you study the unknown vampires' figures. One had a mask with a beak, and another wearing a gold jaw with multiple red eyes, almost looking like a spider. You were waiting for them to move when the other one started to attack. You couldn't keep up with it, so you closed your eyes, bracing for impact when Noé blocked the attack. "What are you?" Noé said as he pushed the vampire out of the way.

You mentally thanked him as you blocked the attack of the other one. "Noé! Y/N!" Luca shouted. "Stay back, Luca!" You shouted as you and Noé fight the two vampires. And when the one with the sword was about to stab you, you leaned back and with so much force, you broke the blade with your sword and knee. This caused Noé to lift him up and throw him towards his companion. "What are they? Vampires?" Noé asked you but before he could get an answer from you, the vampires started to attack again. "Y/N! Take Luca and get out of here!" Noé said as you hesitated. But the look on his eyes and the blood trickledown from his cheek. You then had no choice, so you took Luca and ran from there. "Y/N?! What about Noé!?" Luca asked, "I'm coming back for him, don't worry. But I need you to hide." You said to him as you placed him in a room that no one can come. "Stay here. I'll be back with Noé, okay?" You said as Luca held your hand, "Be careful." You heard him as you nodded. You closed the door and you sprinted towards where Noé is still fighting. But when you arrived, Noé is being held by a black mist with reddish eyes and a creepy grin. Your eyes widened as your anger boil and confusion widened...

"Naenia!?"