Chapter One

I both loved and hated my foster sister, Vicky right now. Vicky was the only person in this world who knew who and what I was. However, it lead to her wanting to read every book about my kind which, going off the myths and legends she had found; I could have been the only one. Now, I had just turned eighteen and according to Vicky, I should now be able to find my "mate." I made a fart noise at her.

"Oh come on, Alexa. I would kill to be able to know just by looking at someone that they were my soul mate." I rolled my eyes, whilst my wolf, Clovis shared in the excitement of finding our mate. "It's not going to happen." I told the both of them, as I put my multi-coloured hair of blonde, red, pink, blue and green in it's usual messy bun. I ignored Clovis's sad whimper. As much as Clovis would love to find our mate; the odds were slim.

From what Vicky and I had learnt since the revelation that I, Alexa Moon was a werewolf; there was a war of all wars between my kind, vampires, witches and wizards not long after I was born. According to the myth, my kind and vampires were wiped out. If this was indeed true, I could only assume my parents got me to safety before it all began. "Your mate could be human, Alexa."

"Don't care. Besides, that wouldn't be fair to Clovis."

Vicky just so happened to be with me when I shifted for the first time when I was thirteen. I had felt unbelievably unwell that day and escaped to the woods to be free from everyone. I don't know why but, I feltlike I had to be alone. Vicky had followed me to make sure I was okay. It's safe to say, we were both shocked.

"I'm just saying, you can't hide from fate." Vicky told me in a singsong voice. I was done with arguing right now. I didn't have the energy. I had been getting anxious about hitting the big eighteen. I didn't want a mate. I didn't want kids or "pups" Vicky tells me I should refer to them as. That war killed too many. I didn't see why I should purposely try and repopulate my kind if it was just going to lead to more destruction. It was bad enough that Clovis had a temper to her, and had almost got me arrested for assault many times. It's just a good job she's so fast, no one could ever make sense of how I could be one place one minute then, on camera more than ten miles away sometimes, the next. Of course, I would always use the woods to my advantage but, I was tired of all the close calls.
"Stop being such a gloomy Gus, it's our birthday." Clovis howled in my head as I dressed in my standard jeans, vest and jacket. "The only people who care are you and Vicky; I swear to god." My foster parents, Vicky's biological parents definitely didn't. They only foster me for looks. Marcus was a politician after all. He and Delilah couldn't wait to get me out, Vicky would always say otherwise but; I knew better.

"You took your time." Vicky grinned at me when I reached her BMW. I sighed but gave my sister a small smile, amazed that she had done her black and purple hair so flawlessly, along with simple makeup to go with it. Vicky's style was just one reason, her parents didn't like me. I was a bad influence. Other than my colourful hair, I had seven tattoos, not that I should have yet but, I look older than eighteen and used it to my advantage. Vicky has one, getting a tattoo the second she could. Yet, I'm the one who got a screaming fit from her mum.

"Yeah well, it's a I cannot be bothered day."

"Everyday is an I cannot be bothered day with you." Vicky laughed but, I just shrugged. My birthday was never a day I looked forward to, it was just another day, except this one and I wasn't going to confess this to Vicky but, I had been dreading it.

The only thing I looked forward to was my karate class. I had done it since I could remember. Apparently when I learnt that Vicky wasn't my sister by blood when I was four or five; I started being a little shit. Mr MP couldn't have that so, I was put in these classes. I loved them to be honest, and went on to do it all through to college. I was a black belt now. It was definitely a great outlet for me. Although, Vicky also made me meditate at night, as I said; Clovis had a temper to her.