Twelve- storytime

Lauren's POV

We pulled up at Mai's house. Walking in the front door with Jesse, I was met by a smiling Mai, Max and John...for some reason. "Your back!!" Mai screamed, running up to hug me.
I looked up at them still pissed. "Want to explain why you lot had guns then?" I stated bluntly. The smiles dropped from their faces. "You remember?" Mai questioned. "Yes I do, and I would love to know the reason I got shot." I told them, not breaking the frown on my face.

"Uh.. okay you better sit down." Max slowly said. I followed the group into the lounge slowly, grabbing Jesse's arm for comfort.
They sat down on one sofa, whilst me and Jesse sat on the opposite sofa, his hand on my leg.

Max broke the silence. "Okay, so I will just put it straight out there... I'm the leader of the Mafia." I sat silent trying to digest what I had just heard. "You're joking right... you're a formula one driver, everyone would know if you were the head of the mafia." I said beginning to chuckle slightly.
"He's telling the truth." Mason said, walking in through the door, clearly hearing the conversation from the doorway. "Our father Jos was the leader before, he passed on to Max earlier this year, but we have both been involved in it our whole lives." Mai said.
"That still doesn't make sense how does no one know?" I said confused.

"I have some of my lower down men as the faces of it so I can keep my identity hidden." Max replied.
"Okay that makes sense, but how is pebbles and everyone involved?" I asked. I noticed John smile a little. I looked at him confused. "You called me pebbles... I haven't heard that for a while." He smiled at me. I smiled back before quickly dropping it, realising what we were talking about. "Well? Are u going to explain why you didn't tell me I was dating a member of the mafia?" I asked.
"Right sorry, so as you already know I was neighbours with Mai and Max when I was younger, eventually they told me about what they did and I joined them. I did missions with Mai, sort of like agents, and then from there they helped me get into football and here I am." John very briefly explained.
"We aren't evil... we don't go around killing random people... I just control a lot of businesses and only get violent if someone tries to take what's mine or hurts someone I care about." Max cut in.
"So you aren't going to kill me now?" I asked jokingly.
Max started laughing as did Mai. "No of course not Laur!" Mai said between chuckles.
"The only times we've killed, have more or less been what you got caught in.." Max explained.
"More or less?" I questioned. "Well there was two times that were a bit different." Mai sighed, as John stiffened slightly beside her.
"What did you do pebbles?" I asked him. "How did you know it was me?" He questioned, looking at me shocked. "You look guilty, you're not good at hiding things John." I informed him.

"Well, did you hear about Ben Chillwell's death?" He asked me. "Oh my god, you killed Ben chillwell!" I yelled out. "No, no, no, he is not what you think Laur." Jesse finally joined in with the conversation.

"Ben was my ex, his dad was an evil man and wanted to take our dads place, he tried to do that through me... Ben ended up shooting me, and John, being the most protective friend in the world killed him." Mai explained.
"Oh, so he actually saved you?" I asked the brunette girl, trying to wrap my head around it. "Technically yes, and the second time." She replied. I looked at her expectantly, waiting for her to carry on talking.
"The second time Marcus, Ben's dad took me hostage and was torturing me whilst I was pregnant... I lost my baby because of him." She paused for a minute taking a deep breathe. "John shot him before he could kill me. Basically, I owe my life to Jonathon here." She smiled slightly whilst nudging him with her elbow.
"Don't be silly, you're my best friend I wasn't going to let you die." John said rolling his eyes.

"Laur if it makes you feel any better I found out in the same sort of way.. but I wasn't shot." Mason said, smiling at me gently.
"So uh, Laur what do you say? Will you forgive us?" Mai asked me.
"No...." Mai's smile dropped off her face.

"I'll join you." I smirked at her. "Wait what? You want to be part of the mafia?" Max questioned me.
"Yes, it seems like you guys aren't terrible people after all." I joked. "We aren't that bad." John chuckled.

"I have something to admit." I sighed. They all looked at me waiting to see what I had to say.
"None of you know this, but I used to be an agent myself..." I started. "Wait what? Who for?" Max questioned me.
"Now it's my time to shock you." I chuckled slightly.
"I used to be an agent for the FBI... before I realised they are the bad guys, so I left."
"Wait what... oh my god... so like, your not gonna tell people about us are you?" Mai asked me.
"Of course not, I'm joining you Mai." I chuckled at her.
"You may of heard of me actually... I changed my name." I said slowly.
"Why did you do that?" Max asked.
"Because Max...I killed the head of the FBI." I replied.
"Okay... right your time to tell us a story." Max chuckled.
"Milly Evans, that's my real name."
"Milly?" Jesse questioned.
"Yeah.." I replied
"I've heard of you...you're the agent that stormed the FBI building alone and took out David Tyler!" He said, slightly confused.
"Yep, aha that's me!" I smiled slightly.
"You look completely different!" Jesse exclaimed.
"I know, I had to change my identity Jess." I laughed.
"But why? Why did you do it?" Max asked me.
My face dropped.
"Because I found out he killed my dad Max. I wanted to do the same to him." I said, barely louder than a whisper.
I felt a comforting arm around me. I looked up seeing Jesse smiling down at me. "I'm so sorry Laur, wait Milly... it doenst make any of us think any differently of you though." He told me. "Exactly, most of us have killed people anyway, not FBI bosses but still." John joked.

"The FBI are actually monsters, you guys are the good guys, that's why I want to join you. I want to help make you the biggest threat, and I want revenge. I know all their secrets after all. We are going global boys." I smirked at them.
"Good to have you on our side Laur." Max winked at me. I felt Jesse's grip on my leg tighten.

"Can you guys call me Laur still, no one is to know who I really am outside of this room, okay?" I said looking up. "Yep deal." John replied.
"Welcome to the mafia Laur." Max smirked at me.
"Thanks Max." I smiled at him.

"Oh and because of my experience in the FBI I can help you get around them. I know they have been giving the mafia trouble. I just didn't know it was you guys!" I chuckled.
"I'm certainly glad to hear that! They've been on my ass for months now, but they still don't know it's me who's the leader." Max said smiling.

"I'm sorry for not telling you Laur." John spoke up. "It's okay John, but this doesn't change anything. I think we are probably better as friends." I admitted.
"I agree, glad to have you as a friend Laur." He winked at me. I chuckled and nodded my head in reply.
The truth is, I realised I still liked Jesse, it was fun with John yes, but my heart never left Jess.

"I'm sorry you got shot Ren." Max said, breaking me out from my thoughts. "It's okay Max, I'm completely fine now." I smiled at him. "It's just your the first person to get hurt under my protection...thank god for Jesse or you wouldn't be here." He said.
"Wait what? What did you do Jess?" I said as I turned to him.
"You didn't tell her man?" Max asked.
Jesse shook his head. "It was nothing really." He insisted.
"Nothing? You call carrying her everywhere, putting pressure on her wound and literally giving her your blood nothing?" Mason chuckled.
"Wait Jess... you gave me your blood?"  I questioned the handsome dark haired man next to me, his hand still on my thigh.
"Yeh, they didn't have any A positive blood, so I gave you mine." He said, smiling at me slightly.
"You would have died otherwise." John added.

I wrapped my arms around him tightly. "Thank you Jess! You saved my life." I told him. He hugged me back tightly.
I leaned close to whisper in his ear. "And I heard what you said before,  I love you too."

Authors note- loads of dramaaaa and new info in this one. Anyone have anything they'd like me to add to the story? :)

I promised a chapter today so here I am delivering! I'll try get the next one out quicker!