❬2❭

The Croods sleep peacefully in their pile. Except Y/N, who tosses restlessly on her side of the ledge. Outside, we hear the roars and howls of prehistoric creatures fighting. But then, silence Y/N turns around facing her sleeping family and cautiously approaches the"door" to peer outside.

When suddenly a bright light blazes through the gaps around the boulder door, lighting up the cave showing all of the paintings. She chases the flash of light around the cave trying to catch it in her hands. It disappears into thunks mouth. 

Opening his jaw and sticking her hand in trying to fish it out. She then sees the light again and chances it around once again. It then goes away outside the cave. Y/N presses her face against the cold boulder, trying to get a look at what is outside. She can't get more than a blurred glimpse of the canyon beyond and the disappearing light.

Desperate to see more, Y/N braces her back against the cave and pushes the plug rock with her legs. Slowly, she shifts the rock, careful not to wake her family. It takes all of her strength, but she manages to move it just enough for her to barely squeeze out of the cave. 

Y/N stands outside at night for the first time ever. Her heart racing the hot night wind blows against her face and through her hair. The forbidden sensation is exhilarating. The canyon beyond is quickly swallowing the light it will be gone in another few seconds. With one of her hands pressed tightly to the cave 'door'. 

Her closed eyes soon open as she leans off the cave door and dashes after the light up and canyon wall. 

The light ahead is growing brighter. Y/N closing on it In her excitement, she missteps and breaks a stick underfoot. It was barely audible but Y/N instinctively freezes. A huge shadow of a tusked is cast on the wall above her. She throws a rock at the shadow scaring it away. 

She makes her way the stone wall with unexpected speed. The Creature continues to run away. Y/N tops the wall and steps into a small clearing. Stuck in the ground, is a torch. As far as she knows, this is the thing she was following. The H/C cave girl crouches down and cautiously approaches.

Y/N can feel the heat from the fire on the palms of her hands and her face. Camouflaged against the rock wall behind her, something moves. A warthog type creature stands upright and creeps up behind her. She reaches out to torch the flame. The torch blows away from her. 

The wind has changed direction the breeze at her back, smelling the air and sensing the Creature behind her. On her face, awe turns to determination as she wheels and grabs the creature. Throwing her hands back and flipping it over her shoulder.

It hits the torch, knocking it to the ground. Y/N jumps back, grabbing a good sized rock ready to bash the Creature's brains in. "Nuh! Nuh!" The muffled voice of the creatures calls out. Defensively raises its arms, hands in front of its face human hands now showing.