FIRST COMP

Over the next few days, I started to notice a few people watching me, sometimes I catch their cameras on me, but I don't really care. Once I get hungry, I go out to shore and walk over to my stuff.

"Excuse me Ms." He said quickly making me jump a little. I looked up to realize he was one of the people who were watching.

"Yes?" I asked a little confused.

"Um... sorry to uh... bother you but uh..." he stuttered. I clenched onto my board ready to swing. Just in case you know. "Well... uh..."

"He wants to know if you want to go into competition." Another man jumped in.

"Um, no I'm not interested in competition, sorry."

"But there's a money prize!"

"Sorry I'm not interested in money." I said calmly trying not to sound rude. I always hated my voice, it always sounded like I was annoyed or mad.

After more persuasion from there group, I just had to say yes because I felt bad at how hard they were trying. I went to the beach everyday for the next few days and saw the same group of men and women there that asked me to be in comp. October 10th was the day of competition and today was October 7th. I'm not going to lie, I was terrified! But as I kept thinking about it, I remembered I didn't tell my brothers or best friend! I completely forgot.

-THIRD PERSON VEIW-

Kailani quickly got up and ran to the phone and face timed the group chat o her siblings and friends as they were all around the same age and all friends.

"Pick up, pick up, pick up!" she repeated. After a few seconds she was about to end the call when someone joined.

"Hey Lani!" the girl on the other side of the phone exclaimed.

"Hey Payten! How dance class?" Kailani asked

"Good! How was the bea-"

"Hello pae, hi Nalu!" someone said cutting off Payton. Using Rae's nickname 'Nalu' meaning 'waves' in Hawaiian. Kailani's name was also hawaiian origin it means 'sea and sky'

"ha-ha, hey Taylor! Anyways as I was saying, how was the beach?" Payton continued

"Good! It's actually why I called." Kailani said trailing off a little, "but I'm just going to wait for my brothers and Ethan to join."

After a few minutes talking about there days' Orlando and Holden, Rae's brothers and Ethan, Taylor's brother joined. Kailani began

"Ok so I called because I forgot to tell you guys, but a few weeks ago a group of people were watching me surf with cameras and one I was done they came over to me, right and"

"Wait, are you okay? Did they do something to you?" Orlando asked being an overprotective brother.

"Yes, yes I'm fine" Kailani giggled

"That's good, continue" Holden said out of relief

"Ok, well they asked if I wanted to join a surfing comp... I said yes... and it's in three days" Kailani hesitantly told the group.

"THAT'S GREAT!" they said practically in unison. Everyone chuckled.

 Although Kailani was never the competitive type, she was sort of happy she said yes it meant she would surf at the best time since in a competition they get massive waves. Kailani didn't care if she won or lost, she just wanted to fly on water.

-EKKOS PIONT OF VEIW-

-OCTOBER 10TH-