𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐎𝐌

𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝗿𝗸 𝗹𝗼𝗿𝗱,
𝗶 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗶 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗯𝗲𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀
𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗶 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗼 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗶
𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝗱𝗶𝘀𝗰𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗿𝗲𝘁. . .

WARNING !!!! this story contains strong language, use of drugs and alcohol, smoking, sexual themes, manipulation, homophobia, suicidal thoughts, and child abuse (any other warnings will be added as the story progresses). if any of these topics make you uncomfortable, please refrain from reading.

enjoy :)

note (5/30/23) - I am in the process of editing/rewriting this story! any chapter titles that aren't writen in a fun font have been rewritten. As of right now, I haven't published the epilogue, but I felt that it was time to start publishing the edited chapters. Please ignore any discontinuities especially the Juliette/Juliet. Thank you for reading <3

𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐈𝐍 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐋 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒

MORALITY WAS A MYSTERY TO GENEVIEVE DE VALERA. From the moment she was born, Genevieve had been raised in the vice-like clutches of her father, Reinaldo de Valera, Voldemort's most feared follower and second-in-command. Her life was a testament to a single guiding principle: the de Valera way. Obedient and docile, Genevieve spent the first fourteen years of her life yielding to these rules that had been set with no idea of right or wrong. Her mother, the elegant yet spineless Juliette de Valera, could not even protect her daughter from the tyrannical ways of her husband. There was only one thing that Genevieve was certain of - that one day, she would marry Regulus Black.

REGULUS BLACK WAS THE HEIR TO THE NOBLE AND MOST ANCIENT HOUSE OF BLACK. After the Black family name was tainted by the ever-reckless Sirius Black, the burden of his family's honor fell onto his shoulders. Regulus's mother, Walburga, saw her youngest son as simply a replacement - a way to carry on the honorable Black name by marrying the young and beautiful, Genevieve de Valera. Regulus was well aware that his only purpose in life was to be the face synonymous with their status and wealth. As disheartening as an arranged marriage seemed, Regulus had long ago lost the will to fight back against his mother.

Yet, there was one spark of compassion in the world of the de Valeras and the Blacks. Juliette, having been forced into a marriage of her own at the tender age of fifteen to a man ten years her senior, understood her daughter's predicament and offered Genevieve a proposition. If, and only if, Genevieve could find a respectable suitor who met the strict criteria of both families, the engagement would be broken off. Seeing an opportunity for a way out, Genevieve approached Regulus with a proposal of her own - help her find a suitor and they would both be freed from the marriage that had loomed over them since infancy.

It's not that the two despised each other, because they didn't, however, both of them fiercely rejected the idea of anything romantic between them. If there was a chance for Genevieve to marry for love rather than because of what was expected of her, she wanted to take it. Fourth year marked the beginning of changes - not just in feelings, but in the very fabric of the Wizarding World. The Black brothers' relationship had deteriorated into pure hatred and the affection Genevieve once felt for her father slowly turned into resentment as Reinaldo began to reveal his true nature - a man so bloodthirsty for approval that he would've killed to kneel at the altar of his Lord.