4: meet me in the hallway

after drying the last bit of ocean water off my now ruined red dress, I paused for a second  checking my reflection in the golden mirror on the wall before me.

although most of the effort I had put into getting ready tonight had already washed off, I attempted to mend the situation by reapplying my lipstick and mascara carefully.

mere moments ago the red that was on my lips was faded out all across my cheeks, smeared with such force that the remnants were hard to cover up with the powder compact I carried with me. my green eyes stared back at me different than before.

they looked wilder than ever, pupils dilated, noticeably enlarged with the oxytocin my body was overdriven with.

I could still smell his cologne faintly on the side of my neck.

fluffing up my semi-dried hair, which had gone from being bouncy, and voluminous to flat against my head, I decided it was about time I make my way back into the party.

kicking the five towels aside that I  had gone through in efforts of drying myself off entirely, I opened the wooden door of the villa bathroom and was immediately met with the sight of a shirtless River leaning against the doorframe.

he had his white shirt hung over his shoulder, his blazer noticeably missing from the mix.

he devilishly smiled at me, taking in the sight of the many towels on the floor and a now dry Davina before him.

i scrunched my nose at the sight of him licking his lips as he took in my now tamed appearance.

"what the fuck do you want now?" i questioned him pushing him back from the door frame, catching him off guard as he stumbled noticeably back.

I made my way quickly into the small secluded corridor which led to the main foyer of the villa from the back entrance of the home.

less than two steps into the hallway, i felt River's warm hand grasp onto my wrist for what felt like the millionth time tonight.

he quickly spun me around towards his direction before pinning me to the brick wall of the hallway in front of him.

our chests were touching, mine still slightly wet from the ocean and his completely bare with the beach sand sticking to his sides. leaning in towards my face, he trapped me into his large towering frame.

both his hands were locked in on either side of my head, i could see his blue eyes beam in the dark moody light.

he tilted his head mockingly, staring at my perplexed state.

"if you think i'm going to let you get back to your tuxedo wearing fiance after the shit you just pulled with me tonight, you're fucking delusional Davina"

i rolled my eyes immediately at his words. if there was anyone delusional in this whole ordeal it was definitely him. he really thought one night with me could change my opinion I've held on him for the past 5 years.

I wasn't a love ridden puppy anymore, following him around wagging my tail waiting for him to notice me and give me love.

I didn't need anything from him.

Not his love, not his money, and definitely not his body.

I decided against doing anything that could further jeopardize the way he would react seeing Roman again in a few minutes when we rejoined the rest of the party.

Instead I chose to play along with his childish antics.

Running my hand slowly down the side of his face I seductively followed my lips up to his face, placing a quick peck on his jawbone, catching him off guard as he stepped back with a jolt.