quatre

MEETING ONE

✰ ✰ ✰

Priscillas fingers tapped impatiently as Neil and her leaned over a trigonometry textbook. They were sprawled out on Priscillas bed, trying their very best to work on the days assignments. However neither one could stop thinking about the meeting tonight. Dead Poets Society, reconvened. The two could hardly wait. Both wanted so desperately to defy the wishes of there parents, and grandparents, in Priscillas case.

"Did you convince Todd?" The blonde asked, glancing over at her friend.

"Yeah, he agreed, no reading though." Neil told her with a soft smile etched onto his features. Priscilla let out a small sigh.

"I understand. I wish I didn't have to read either." Neil furrowed his brows.

"What-why not?" He sat up, now looking at the girl with curiosity.

"I'm not good with words, not the way the rest of you are." Priscilla copied his actions and sat upright against the bed frame. "I'm an artist, not an author." Neils eyes lit up.

"Then you could share a drawing!" He exclaimed, startling the blonde. Priscilla blinked in surprise.

"I guess I could." She shrugged. Her eyes met the paper of trig homework, a groan almost immediately leaving. "Oh this sucks." Neil chuckled, shutting the thick bound text book.

"We can copy Meeks." He smiled, pulling himself off the bed. Priscilla eyed him as he made his way to the door.

"I've got to shower, see you at 11!" He cried quietly before skipping down the hall. Priscilla chuckled as she watched his back retreat down the hall. He sure had a way of making everything alright.

✰ ✰

The clock in Priscillas room read 10:58. The blonde poked her head into the hall, making sure her coast was clear.
Neil stood in his doorway, gesturing for her to follow him. Grabbing a flashlight off her desk, she obliged.

She met with the other boys at the bottom of the stairs. Each of them were draped in Weltons black coats. She herself pulled her hood up, blending in. The dog started to bark, which made the blondes heart skip a beat. Charlie took a bag of treats from his pocket and dropped them at the dogs feet, immediately silencing him.

"Good thinking." Priscilla mumbled to him. The boy nodded giving her a fist bump. A smile made its way to her face at the gesture.

At the door Neil gestured for the boys and the girl to leave. Carefully they all made tiptoed out the building, only taking off into a sprint as soon as their feet the grass. The blonde had no idea where she was going. She was sure the others didn't either.  Her eyes squinted harshly in the light, barely able to make out the low hanging branches and upturned roots.

  "Arrr, I'm a dead poet." Charlie joked from beside her. The girl let out a scream as well as Meeks, who got the brunt of the attack.

   "Charlie!" Meeks whined, whilst the Dalton boy clutched his stomach in laughter.

"Real funny Dalton." Priscilla mumbled, only loud enough for Meeks to hear. The redhead chuckled at the girl. She was starting to slowly open up to the boys of Welton Academy, even with her grandfather looming over her shoulder.

   "Guys, over here." Charlie called out, gesturing the two towards the cave where the others resided.

Inside Neil took of his jacket, laying it on a stone for Priscilla. The girl smiled as he gestured for her sit. She then watched in amusement as Meeks and the other boys tried to light a fire. She pulled her cloak closer to her as Meeks let out a grunt of frustration.