Part 1

Karkat stood at the base of the stairs leading to the doors of his new school. This wasn't the first time he had stood at the front of a new high school and in a month or two he would probably be doing it again. It was all Kankri's fault, he had to go and set the last school on fire with some other kids which resulted in both of them getting expelled and sent back to Summoner, again. Only this time had been different because Kankri had been sent to a school designed to break kids and straighten them out or something like that. Still standing at the base of the stairs he struggled to get his anger at Summoner under control. He kind of hated but at the same time was kind of glad that he had kept him so close. He wasn't a grub anymore though he was 16 in human years. But at the same time he was kind of glad to be away from him for a while.

Not realizing that he had been standing there as long as he had he could suddenly hear the parking lot coming alive; he could hear cars and people arriving behind him. Without looking behind him he walked up the stairs and right into the chest of another student."Hey watch iit 2horty!" the boy's words lisped and he wore red and blue lensed glasses, and judging by the color of his tie he was also a junior. "Great made an enemy of someone in the same grade as you really smart Karkat, you big idiot. He will now be able to beat you up for the next two years and not just one." He thought to himself as he lay on the ground where he was knocked. As the bigger guy reached for him he scrambled to his feet and away.

"Look I'm sorry! I didn't mean to run into you, please don't hurt me!" he pleaded as the bigger boy pulled a few leaves from his hair. "2orry, you had leave2 iin your haiir..." he said as he finished pulling them out. His hair had been much softer than he thought it would be and all he had wanted to do was help him up but he had scrambled up and away from him like Sollux was goanna hurt him or something. He wouldn't do that he couldn't hurt someone who had merely run into him, it happened. While Karkat proceeded to apologize for what seemed like the twentieth time Eriden, Rose and Gamzee had walked up and were the silent witnesses of his downfall. Before Karkat could as much as take a breath sollux snatched him to him and sealed their lips together just to shut him up.

Eriden let out a choked cry and Gam froze midway through one of him any juggling acts which resulted in him being beaned on the head but one of his pens. Rose just kept scrolling through whatever was on her phone, smirking slightly at the reaction he had gotten from Eriden made it even better than when he normally just randomly kissed people. "Sol, I think you killed him!" Eriden warbled out as Karkat passed out in Sol's arms. His ears face and the bit of neck they could see flushed darkly giving his grey skin a red tint. Sollux quickly tried to conceal his small friends coloring but Terezi showed up. "Mmm....I smell something red, a nice candy apple red, too." Sollux glanced down at his small little friend who was passed out in his arms.

 Lifting the small yet 3not feather light troll in his arms, Sollux started towards the front doors as the school and began the longest walk of his entire junior year of high school. The hallway seemed to quickly empty as he made his way towards the office, the sea of trolls and humans part as if though he was a ship cutting through the smoothest of waters. It didn't help that Rose, Eriden, Gamzee, Terezi, and Kanaya were following in his wake. Why did this troublesome little troll have to pass out on him? Hell all he had done was kissed him to shut him up. Down the hall Sollux could see a group of football players and cheerleaders making their way towards his little ragtag group, he knew that if they saw him with a guy in his arms it would give them fuel to the fire of teasing him just because he was new and that alone was the worst. Gamzee seeing the change in his posture took the opportunity to step before them and pull out one of his many exploding horns, upon seeing the gleam of the chrome horn everyone ran to afraid to find out what the crazy troll was up to. Sollux and the rest of the group were just glad that it had been one that shot water. He thankfully made it to the office without anyone to bad seeing.

Jane fussed over Karkat while shooing Sollux and the rest of them from her office. Sollux just stood in the doorway refusing to leave until he was sure Karkat was ok. After about an hour Jane made him go to class with the promise that she would send for him the moment he woke up. Reluctantly he took the pass and made his way to gym. Opening his locker a slip of paper fluttered to the ground. Snagging it from the floor he could easily tell it was from Eriden. Eriden just couldn't take the hint that they were over. Sighing he changed and joined the rest of the guys in running their daily laps. But even as he ran, unlike normal he couldn't get the thought of that little troll out of his head.

Karkat's head was pounding and he didn't know where he was, all he know was that there was a presence next to him that seemed slightly distraught. Sitting up slowly he opened his eyes and was looking into the most beautiful pair of eyes he had ever seen, one a beautiful blue and the other a spell binding red. Or maybe it was just the guy's glasses whichever they were still beautiful. Realizing that he was staring he quickly looked away with the slightest of jolts.

"Uhh... 2orry...II... diidn't mean to 2tartle you." Sollux said softly as not to make the guy's head hurt any more than it probably did. Karkat's eyes widened at the sound of his voice.

WHAT THE HELL! Why was this guy at his bedside? Did he think he had killed him when he had passed out earlier? He probably did, most people did when he faints. He couldn't help it that he fainted when his blood went through his heart to fast, it wasn't his fault he had been born with a weak heart and his iron deficiency didn't help his case either. Rubbing his head he looked over to where Sollux had sat up and removed his glasses rubbing the sleep from his eyes. "Look I'm sorry I passed out on you earlier, I can't help it it's a medical condition I have! Oh please don't hurt me..." Karkat whimpered as sollux stood and looked at him before pulling the curtain closed so that they were separate from the rest of the infirmary. Karkat could feel his heart speeding up and had to make himself calm down. Who was this guy and why was he not leaving him alone so he could rest. Catching a glance at his phone on the table beside him he saw that the school day was already almost over. Crabdad was going to blow a gasket when he got home with his bag still as empty as it had been when he had been dropped off that morning.

Karkat started to speak just as Sollux turned around with silent tears sliding down his cheeks.

What the hell? Why was he crying? He really had thought he, he had killed him. "Hey don't cry, its ok I'm ok really." Karkat's voice cracked and he wobbled as he stood and ended up using the bigger trolls arm as support to keep from falling over.

Little did he know that the small jesture of his would start something his heartt may not be able to withstand.