Part 2

Sollux didn't know why he was cry, only that he knew he couldn't stop. His chest felt tight and Karkat seemed to be going into a panic attack. Forcing himself to take a deep breath, he calmed himself enough to help Karkat slow his own breathing and to sit down again so that he wouldn't fall. He already knew all of his medical problems and didn't want anything to happen to him. In fact while Karkat had been resting he had read his entire file. He knew how he had played sports up until the accident that had rendered him deaf and blind in one eye, and that he was born with a heart problem that had caused him to pass out on him earlier. He also knew, not from reading his file or stalking him on social media, that he was completely and utterly in love with this guy. Only he would never admit to the guy that he had read his medical file or that he was in love with him.

Once sollux could bring himself to look Karkat in the eyes without cringing or thinking about what it would be like to kiss him again. Would his lips be soft or would they be slightly chapped from him always worrying his bottom lip with his teeth like he was doing now. "Look II'm sorry II diidn't mean to knock you down thiis morning on the steps, II hope II diidn't hurt you to badly." Sollux's ears blushed along with his neck and face. Karkat just looked at the taller troll. " I'm fine, no harm done," he looked at him and reassured him more. "Really, it's not the first time I've been knocked down on the stairs. In fact every first day of school was like that. Only normally it's a girl who knocks me down..." Karkat was rambling and looked away, busying himself with playing with the edge of the sheet that covered him. Grabbing his phone and taking noting the half dozen texts from Summoner and the missed call from Crabdad. Groaning he put his phone down and covered his face with the pillow from the end of the bed, he was already dreading going home but with a missed call from Crabdad made it so much worse.

While Karkat had his head covered with the pillow sollux took the time to snitch his class schedule and write it down before scribbling a note about having to go to class and not to get up. He set the note on top of Kars phone and slipped from the infirmary and back into the junior lunch wave. Deciding to skip lunch he began to gather Vantes' books and assignments and promising teachers that they would both be in class tomorrow. Lunch had ended about halfway through his quest to get the work and the hallway quickly filled, with still two classes to go he decided to go and dump the six classes worth of books with their rightful owner. "Sol. wwhat are you doing wwith all of those books?" Eriden asked as he tagged along to the junior hall. Already slightly irritated with the teachers and adding Eriden to the mix didn't make it any better. "What doe2 iit matter ED? Not liike iit2 for you!" he snapped at him, leaving him standing alone in the hallway.

Getting closer to his destination he passed Gamzee pushing Tavros to class, the armload of books earned him a set of surprised looks from the pair as well as a slight frown from the clown. Gam was worried and Sollux knew it was about him, because earlier in science he had asked him how he was holding up. The last time anyone had asked him that was back when AA had died. Tightening his grip on the books he kept walking, with his mind in another place he almost missed the empty bed when he walked in. Dropping the books and papers he darted back into the hallway searching for his newest addiction. Not seeing Karkat there he retreated back into the infirmary. Not even a minute later Karkat walked in readjusting his hoodie. "THERE YOU ARE!! Do you have any iidea how much you 2cared me ju2t now?" Sollux collapsed into the chair that he had been using all day. Karkat looked like a deer caught in the headlights at seeing him freak out. "I'm s-sorry I-I-I didn't expect you to come back again. I thought you had gone to class and I needed to pee." he stuttered and blushed as he sat on the edge of the book covered bed. "I'm really sorry that I scared you. I didn't mean to. Really. Please don't be mad at me Sollux." Sollux closed his eyes and made himself breath, he could feel his phisoniic in his head as well as in his hands. Fisting his hands he calmed himself before looking at the gray eyed boy. "You're gonna driive me iinto an early Vanta2 you know that. You'll put me there wiith a heart attack over your well beiing." sollux muttered as he watched him gather his books and assignments and slip them into his bag. "Oh yea ii 2tiill had two more classe2 to get but the hall2 were too congested for me to get to them after lunch." Karkat just shook his head "You didn't have to do this. I could have gotten them after school of when I went to class tomorrow." Crossing his arms and looking away sollux pouted "To bad II wanted to do iit, make2 me feel a liittle better for knockiing you down thii2 morniing."

Karkat didn't know why this guy was doing what he was but it was nice. But then again at the same time it was kind of weird. Usually the only time someone did things like this was when they were interested in him, but he didn't want to get into another relationship because he didn't want what happened last time to have a chance to repeat. Karkat only himself be pulled into his memories once sollux walked out to get his last two classes.

~Flashback~

Normal day normal walk to the bus stop to wait for the hour long ride to school and BAM!!! Waking up in the hospital a month later only to find that your bat shit crazy bus driver had been drunk and hit you along with another twenty or so kids waiting at the stop. But to make things worse you learn that you are one of the seven survivors and the guy you are in love with will be a vegetable for the rest of his life because the crash had snapped his spinal cord and he had the mental capability of a three-year-old.

~Flashback end~

Karkat had loved him till the day he died, he had spent that last year and a half with that boy at his beck and call and he hadn't minded even if it meant he lost friends and his touch out in the social circles. But that last month or so is what had broken him, Kyler had just stopped fighting, like a switch had been flipped and when he had stop fighting Karkat had only started fighting harder for him.

Karkat could feel the hot tears spilling down his cheeks and the pressure behind his eyes of the oncoming headache. Quickly wiping his face to keep sollux from seeing him cry when he walked back in. He tried to stop the tear causing thoughts but it was no use. The tears were already rolling down his face and the quacking sobs were beginning to take over. He hated when he lost control over his emotions, why couldn't he be strong like Kyler had been to the very end.

Sollux chose that moment to walk back in. keeping his back to him Karkat tried to dry his face before sollux saw his face in such a mess. Pulling his hand away after wiping his eyes he noticed the ugly black streaks on his hand. "Shit! Damn I forgot about having mascara and eyeliner on. Now I really do look like the faggot I am with my face in such a mess." He cursed as he turned and walked face first into a warm solid chest. The solid chest was covered in a grey shirt and an unzipped hoodie that had the Gemini sign stitched above the heart. Soon the chest was all he could see and arms were wrapped around him rubbing his back trying to calm him only it made him cry harder. Karkat didn't care if it made him look like a faggot or a weak as girl. No one had held him so tenderly and just let him cry, no one that is until this red and blue eyed freak with a lisp and a knack for computer coding. This guy in less than a day had managed to breach the walls around his heart and honestly it scared Karkat to no end.

Sollux didn't know what had brought on the tears but that they had broken his heart when he had walked in and heard them. He tried to sooth the boy but before he could maneuver them over to a chair the door opened and a tall troll who looked like an older version of Kar walked in. He wasn't really scary looking but he definitely gave off an aura of command and kinda demanded attention. "Karkat Vantas! What are you doing and who is this young man who called me at work because you had a bad panic attack?" Summoner asked in his low velvet like voice. Kar quickly detached himself from Sol's grip at hearing him. "I-I-I- We- I'm not doing anything." he stuttered as he sat back on the bed feeling faint, "sorry feeling kind of faint.." his eyes went out of focus and before anyone could take a step before he blacked out.

Sollux paced in the hallway of the ER. Doctors would ask him if there was anything they could get him but he would just dismiss them with a look of instability. Karkat's guardian, Summoner he come to find was his name, pulls him outside after watching him pace a rut into the tile for over an hour. "Sollux, child you need to calm yourself. You yourself have become unstable and you fretting as you are will only make you think of the worst things that could happen." He paused to keep from choking on his words then continued, "Kar is a fighter he will be ok. He's made it through this before." this time he can't help when his voice cracks.

Not long after their talk a doctor comes out to them looking grim. That grim look alone set Sollux close to the edge but the news that followed that look is what sent him sailing over the edge and into the dark trench of instability.