Is It All Dharm ?

~ Entry for One Shot Competition held by Vijaydhari_Sutaas Community ~

Topic - Vrushali's Thoughts After The 17Th Day of Kurukshetra War

Starring - Vrushali (Suryaputra Karn's First Wife)

Recurring - Supriya (Karn's Second Wife)

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Vrushali's Pov (Point of View)

Cautiously, I along with Supriya made our way through the mess, between the bodies of the dead soldiers. The path was muddy with blood, the air is thick with the pungent smell of rotten flesh. She almost stumbled over a headless body, and the one's body we recognised shocked ourselves. Yeah, It's our ardhang, my radhey, Karna.

Supriya being too sensitive covered her mouth to stifle a scream, taking back her steps. In just few mins, Everything went away like a breeze. She's crying so badly seeing everything getting ready for aryaa's funeral pyre.

I caressed her back, with a small assuring smile, trying to stop my own tears, which I couldn't, yet I should. Now, It's only me left alone to encourage Supriya. If myself I'm not strong enough, then who will stand at her side ? But I couldn't stop myself. I burst out into tears, seeing my radhey's funeral pyre.

I am lost in my thoughts until I heard Supriya whisper "Finally he achieved what he wished for" I looked at her, still maintaining silence "Hmm" Nothing much came from my mouth. "Aryaa always wished to take part in some great war...and he achieved it" Tears dwelled her eyes while speaking about Radhey. "Finally he took place and....." She's sobbing so badly "and left his breath in this dharm yudh"

She spoke everything heartfully. "Dharm Yudh" The last two words rang in my ears continuosly as if she emphasised them. "Dharm Yudh ?!" I asked her with firmness clearly audible in my voice.

She didn't speak anything and I continued, "Is this yudh really a dharm yudh ?"

"I agree, That only this war can bring back the kaunteyas their freedom, kingdom, mainly repentance for every adharm that took place on them. I agree, Only due to this war, the cruelty of Gandhar Maharaj Shakuni and Hastinapur Yuvraj Duryodhan would end. Yes, I agree it's between dharm and adharm but is it completely a dharm yudh ? Dharm Yudh should consist of Dharm. It took away many warriors. Is it dharm ? It made many mothers, sisters, wives, their family orphans. Is it dharm ? Radhey Karna got betrayed, he got used by the Kauravas. Keep the matter of Radhey aside, It took away the great Mahamahim Pitamah Bheeshm, Abhimanyu, and who not ? Is it all dharm ?"

I turned towards Supriya who just entered into the pyre. I was about to enter in, for committing Sati, but radhey's words, infact his promise, that he promised me once, the same promise, that was now left incomplete, rang in my heart.

"Ek din saara rin utaarkar aaunga tumhare paas, Apne sangharsho se mukt hokar....Vishram karne"

I took a deep breath "Radhey!" before jumping into the burning fire.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Other than votes and comments, reviews helps one know their writing skills and help in improvement.

So, Pen down few reviews here..!

Do inline comments too. It's my first time writing one shot on epic mythology. This made me emotional too. And ya, this isn't for hurting anyone's feelings. So, please avoid spreading hate.

It's pure work of fiction. I just penned down my thoughts, in pov of Vrushali. I reserve the copyrights too.