Chapter Five : Roadtrip!

Bonnie had to be fair... she had invited Rose in. She made the first move. Granted, Rose had just lost her brother because of her, so other then a lack of will, she felt guilty.

"Do you want anything to drink?" Bonnie asks. She could imagine her Grams horror, the fact that she was offering an Original a drink.

Rose glances at Bonnie from across the kitchen. Her eyes were bloodshot, but not from the loss of her brother, "I wouldn't be asking me that if I were you, little witch. I might take you up on the offer"

Bonnie blushes, "We could watch tv or I could give you a tour..."

"You're trying too hard. Stop feeling guilty and relax," Rose sighs, "Call your boyfriend or something. Unless you're going to express your obvious pent up agression, leave me alone."

The words hit Bonnie like a bucket of cold ice was thrown over her. She felt hurt, "I don't want to talk to Jere--"

"So the man slave has a name?" Rose asks, "Shocking."

"Is this about Finn?" Bonnie asks, "I'm sorry about it-- about him."

Rose keeps her stare on the empty chair in front of her, "I thought that we..." she scoffs, "never mind. It's stupid."

"What?"

"I thought we could have been friends, Bonnie," Rose says, aggrivated, "but you ruined that."

Bonnie sneers, "I ruined that? How did I ruin it? You're the one who wants to kill all my friends and leave!"

Rose stands, getting angry, "Who cares about your friends?! You could stay with me for eternity, free to express your rage or sadness or any other emotion!"

"They're my friends!"

"Your friends would leave you, in a second if it meant they could save Elena and you'd go along with it too," Rose says, pouting, "Which is very sad."

"Why is that sad?"

"Because it shows me how stupid you really are! You think your friends care and love you, but you forget all the times they let you run off and die."

"Shut up." Bonnie was close to snapping.

"Not even that! They think it's okay to mess with your life!" Rose can see the rage in Bonnie's eyes, "They turned your mother into a monster."

"Shut up..."

"They let your grandmother die for nothing but a worthless scheme." Rose remembers Bonnie mentioning that to her in the study.

"I said be quiet."

"They let you risk your life, for Elena-- the Doppelganger who'll just come back in five hundred years."

Silence. Angry silence.

"Maybe your friends just wanted you to di--" Rose was flung against the wall by a fuming Bonnie. Rose gets up, unharmed and grins, "Good. You feel that fire in your heart, just let it out. You'll feel better after that, Bonnie. I promise."

Blood drips from Bonnie's nose, onto the tile. She can feel the fire, set alight by a years worth of pain and grief. She throws her hands out at Rose, who is lifted up like a ragdoll. She hates how right Rose is-- the more magic she lets put, the less enraged she feels.

It only lasts a couple of minutes. Bonnie's pain turns to dust and ashes and it's like a weight was lifting off her chest. The moment ends with Bonnie on the floor, panting heavily, trying to catch herself. She can hear chuckling coming from Rose.

"Why are you laughing?"

"Because," Rose sighs, as if Bonnie had made the world's greatest joke, "you really don't know how strong you are."