Prologue

Prologue.

Alex POV

I am Alex Smith your everyday shut-inn otaku, who holes up in his room all day, reading light novels and watching anime.

I am 19 years old and live alone in a small apartment. My parents send me enough money each month, to be able to fulfill my basic needs and buy light novels and manga with the extra money. My favorites being Re:zero and Rising of the shield hero.

I was wearing a simple black hoodie with matching black pants and was out on my way to buy the latest volume of Re:zero. When I finally reached the book store, I browsed through the shelves to find the Re:zero section. That's when I suddenly spotted the Rising of the Shield hero shelf. I walked closer to it as I remembered that Shield hero's new volume came out recently as well.

I picked up a strange book from the shelf and it looked familiar to me for some reason.

'The Records of the Five Cardinal Weapons' Read the title and that's when it hit me. It was the book that teleported Naofumi to another world.

"The one who made this, really did a good job of replicating the book from the anime..." I muttered with amazement as I examined the design.

'Let's see what's inside' I slowly opened the book and started reading.

"The waves of Apocalyptic Catastrophe. To save the world from the waves... " I continued reading, wishing that I could be in that world.

'This really is like the book in the anime.' I mused as I continued reading.

"Five heroes will be summoned from another world"

'Wait, what? Five?' I questioned with a confused face as only 4 heroes are supposed to be summoned.

"Each of the heroes wield a characteristic weapon- A sword, a spear, a bow or a shield, the only exception being the Weaponless hero." I read making me more confused after all there never existed a weaponless hero... maybe the person who made the book added it? I continued reading through the pages and arrived on the page of Myne's picture aka "The Bitch".

'I would really like to make her go through hell.' I thought with a small dark chuckle. I continued forward and the pages turned out to be blank. A golden light started enveloping the book and a magic circle formed underneath me, blinding me for a second. I felt as if I was falling down and then suddenly found myself on the ground.

I slowly opened my eyes to see the floor but, it was not the floor that caught my attention, it was the reflection of my face that did.

I had white hair, golden eyes and a face that was too good to be mine. Yes my face looked like Regulus Corneas. I slowly stood back up and heard a voice.

"We did it! The summoning ritual was a success!" the voice happily exclaimed, I looked beside me to see 4 other people around my age whom I recognized to be Naofumi, Motoyasu, Ren and Itsuki and that's when I realized...

'Finally! Fucking Finally! It has happened to me! All those self-insert fan fictions weren't lies! That book was legit!' I yelled mentally pumping my fist in the air.

"O brave, heroes please save our world" The leader of the group standing in-front me spoke.

"Seriously, what do you mean by that?" Ren asked disinterestedly as he inspected the sword in his hand and a thought came to my mind.

'Then, am I that weaponless hero? That would make sense since I don't have a weapon in my hand...' I thought, eager to test my powers.

The rest of them continued to complain about being summoned against their will, but the priest convinced them to meet the king

"So these are the 5 Cardinal heroes from the legend?" The king questioned. "I am the king of Melromarc, Aultcray Melromarc XXXII"

'Aka The Trash King' I continued for him in my mind.

"Heroes, introduce yourselves" the tras- king ordered narrowing his gaze.

"Amaki Ren, 16 years, high schooler." The guy with the sword said dis-interestedly

"Kitamaru Motoyasu, 21, college student." The shit-head with the spear

"I suppose I am next, Kawasumi Itsuki, 17 years old, highschooler" And the one with the bow continued.

'I suppose I should go next since the king won't let Naofumi introduce himself...' "I am Reg-"

"I see, Ren, Motoyasu and Itsuki." My eyes widened, you've got to be kidding me... This trash king has a problem with me aswell?! Oh well, he will get what he deserves if he messes with me.

Naofumi looked quite shocked at being ignored as well. The king then explained why they were summoned, as I already knew about that I didn't pay it much attention and focused on the icon at the corner of your vision.

This world has a prophecy which mentions "Waves" that will lead the world to ruin and reportedly appear, in several places. Unless the calamities wrought by the waves are thwarted. The world will end. Each country has a ancient dragon hourglass which can predict the arrival of the waves. The first wave washed over this land before we were summoned. Local knights and traveling adventurers managed to fend it off, but the next waves will be more potent. In less than a month the next wave is going to happen. The kingdom has summoned the heroes to repel the Waves as the legend says.

"We have no time to waste!" the king finished telling the situation while you were already on the skills menu.

You read "Authority of Greed."

'Am I not too overpowered already? Hehehehehe'

"Surely you didn't summon us expecting to you for free right?" A loud clang echoed throughout the hall as Itsuki hit the floor with his sword.

"Of course once you repel all the waves, you will be rewarded handsomely." The person I supposed was the minister replied from his position beside the king.

"We'll have to take your word for it, I guess." Motoyasu grinned and the others shared similar thoughts. I remained silent as I thought the best course of action.

"I trust we have an agreement then. You should all check your status." The king suggested.

"Eh? What is a status?" I swear, the Naofumi at the start was a total idiot. "What's wrong with you guys? That's the first thing you should have noticed." Ren said as his eyes moved to the corner of his vision.

"Look at the corner of your vision, there's an icon. Focus on it." I had already opened it and my stats weren't impressive in the slightest.

To skip all the useless talk, we just had to recruit and adventure separately to become stronger because we were all level-1 and the cardinal weapons naturally repel each other. Thus night came and we were told to rest so that we can set out tomorrow.

Re-written