chapter 9

Adrian's pov

Message:

From Val: Hello kitten, please meet with me this saturday, I will pick you up at 6.30 pm.

The day finally came for me to meet with Valentine. Even though it's not the first time we're meeting I still feel nervous. I heard a notification coming from my phone so I checked to see what it was and it was a text from Valentine.

From Val: I'm waiting for you outside.

To Val: Ok I'm coming now.

I headed downstairs and stepped into Val's car.

"Good evening kitten"

"Good evening Val"

I looked over at him and couldn't help but think that he looked really good. Val had on black pants and a black shirt with the sleeves rolled up. He was really handsome and he was also making me regret the outfit I chose.

"Hey Val, where are we going?"

"You'll soon find out kitten, don't worry"

'That's not really an answer' is what I wanted to say but instead I decided to enjoy the car ride.

Not really having anything to talk about, I just looked at the scenery outside.

☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆

"We're here"

I looked outside and saw a beautiful house.

"Where are we?" I asked while admiring the house.

"This is my house"

"Really, it's very beautiful"

"Thank you kitten"

Val took my hand in his and led me into his home. The inside was even more beautiful than the outside, every little thing in this house was perfect. We went through the living room and then headed to the kitchen. We were standing infront of what seemed like the backdoor.

"Before we head out, can you put this over your eyes" He said handing me a blindfold.

"Sure"

After agreeing, he stood behind me to tie my blindfold and let me outside the door. Finally reaching where we needed to be he told me where to stand and went somewhere else, after maybe a minute he finally spoke.

"Ok kitten, you can look now"

I did as I was instructed and was shocked.

We were in a garden with beautiful flowers and I was standing on a little path leading to a garden hut illuminated with little lights making it seem like fireflies. In the background you could hear some music. Infront of the hut stood Valentine with a lavender rose in his hand which is a very rare colour for a rose.

"Kitten.....Adrian, ever since I saw you I was fascinated by you. The way you treat people with love and the way you care for the children at your work just fascinates me and  encourages me to be a better version of myself, to be a better version for you. All I need is to see you smile and my day would be 100 times much better than it was before, that is what you do to me, that is how much you mean to me kitten. I really love you, so with this lavender rose which means love at first sight I hope you can accept my love for you and please kitten, be my boyfriend"

Listening to his words the only thing I could do was cry.

"I...sob...I l-love you too....sob...b-but you said that you already ha-had someone you like.....sob......leaving me all sad and thinking t-that I lost my chance...sob...w-with you, you're such an asshole....sob...."

Valentine stepped forward and pulled me in a hug while I was a sobbing mess.

"I'm sorry kitten that was not my intention, I would never want to hurt you ok, I was talking about you the whole time, no one else...just you ok kitten, I love you" He said wiping the tears from my eyes.

"I'm sorry Val...sob...but I...I'm not able to love s-someone the way they should be l-loved...sob....I always mess things up"

"Don't cry kitten, nobody's perfect. If you're having a hard time showing love I'll have enough love for the both of us, so don't worry ok"

"I love you Val"

"Then be with me kitten"

"Ok" I said making him lift me up filled with joy as if I weighed nothing. After my feet touched the ground he pulled me in for a kiss. It was a short sensual kiss but it was long enough for the both of us to remember the touch of our lips brushing together.

He handed me the rose that was in his hand and led me to the table under the hut. On the table there was an empty vase so I put the rose in there. After we sat down a butler headed our way.

"Good evening Mr. Wright, Mr. Smith, your dinner is served" He said putting our plates, filled with delicious pasta and another with garlic bread on the table. By this time I've already calmed down and the tears stopped falling.

"Enjoy your meal"

"Thank you Gary"

Val nodded at the butler and not long after, the butler left our sight. When it was just the two of us again we started eating and let me tell you, it was the best pasta I have ever tasted.

"How is it?"

"This is incredible, who made it?"

"The person that made this is an amazing guy, I think his name is Valentine Wright" He said smiling at me, you could tell that he was proud of himself.

"You made this?"

"Wow I can't believe that you can cook"

"Yeah, my mother was a chef so my sister and I learned all of our cooking skills from her"

"That's amazing Val, you really are amazing"

After we ate we talked about my little misunderstanding, sigh....I really should stop overthinking but that doesn't matter anymore. The only thing that matters is that I really enjoyed today and that I finally get to love someone, truly love someone.

"Val tonight was really nice"

"What do you mean kitten? Our date's not over yet"

"Huh?"

He took my hand and led me to the other end of the hut where the little path continued. I wonder what's there? Guess we'll find out.