headcanons .

short headcanons and general information

⠀

—⠀ clint barton runs an archery club for kids / young adults to learn both archery and basic defense skills. It all started up because of his trust in the next generation of superheroes, and often encouraged the idea of more people at least being able to put up a fight. clint brought this on because even if it's not training them to fight world ending problems, it could save their lives. mainly because he himself had an abusive childhood and his brother was there to help him, he knows a lot of people aren't that lucky so disputes like that could be defended against if someone was there to help them.

—⠀most people know this but clint has this whole thing going on sometimes where he pretends to be really stupid. well, he exaggerates it. he isn't genius, but in terms of fights he's got the moves and the technique so he's a different kind of smart. he also does this because he knows that others with underestimate him, so they won't anticipate their ass being handed to him in a fight. the bad guys will think "oh, he's just a normal guy AND he's an idiot?? let's just take three of us to beat him up and we'll be fine". they were fooled— clint is a competent man, you just gotta get on the right side of him to figure that out.

—  doesn't work for shield, per se, but might work with them from time to time. his issue is that he does NOT trust shield as an organisation with the whole hydra infiltration thing, but he has been known to help them out if they need him. he's still friends with people from shield, that's no problem, he just doesn't want to permanently be a part of it. if they're working on a mission he was already going for, he'd run aside them and work with them but would try to do all the heavy work himself. AKA: shield agents are tired of him just... showing up around the facility.

—  seeing as i do NOT think the mcu will be going further with his backstory at all, clint did grow up in the circus ! his parents died when he was around eight, and he and his brother  ( barney )  ran off to a travelling circus . jacques duquesne  ( swordsman )  and buck chisholm  ( trick shot )  both mentored him in swords/blades and archery respectively . in short, swordsman tried to steal money from the circus and clint tried to stop him; clint got left half-dead, got helped by trick shot, then got involved in a little crime. accidentally shot his brother at one point, got left half-dead again, reconciled with trick shot later on.

—  he has the ability to turn anything he's holding into a weapon. give that man a candy cane? it's becoming a weapon. so he doesn't rely on the bow and arrow constantly, but it is a main feature of his arsenal. also swords!! think the avengers game where kate has all the cool teleporting shit and clint has... a sword. so cool though.

—  he's ambidextrous!! he trained it himself over circus years and kept up with it because it just seemed convenient and easier to use his bow in any situation

—  leeches off other people's spotify . he used to pay for spotify premium but then it started taking his money when he kinda needed it , so he cancelled it and decided to use other people's when he could get away with it . so ... if you see britney spears' circus in your recently listened , he is probably the culprit .