thirty one

tw // verbal abuse, mentions of ED and su1c1d3 attempt

songs that go with the chapter because i said so:

• 1 step forward, 3 steps back - my wife (olivia rodrigo)
• breathe (taylor's version) - taylor swift ft. colbie caillat
• happier than ever (2nd part) - billie eilish

YOU WOULD THINK THAT LAUREN and jaeden would get better over the next couple weeks. but it was quite the opposite actually.

they still talked every now and then but they both got extremely busy with everything. school for lauren, work for jaeden. their schedules clashed and they fought when they talked. sure they had their moments but the fighting overshadowed them. one day, the unthinkable happened. they ran out of things to talk about. the silence was so uncomfortable, they felt like strangers and so lauren did what she did best nowadays.

pick a fight.

"who's sateen?" she asked the brunet whose face was buried in his hands. he let out an annoyed groan, lifting his head up from his hands and saying

"she's just a friend"

"sure. whatever you say"

"she is! she's erin's friend, who's wyatt's friend, who's my friend. it's literally nothing stop being overdramatic" he grumbled, screwing his eyes shut before rubbing his temple continuing with

"who are you to talk, who the fuck is riley"

"he's literally just a classmate. i have those jaeden i go to school"

"yeah and sateen's just a friend. i have those lauren, i'm a human being. we socialize"

"and if he's just a classmate then what was he doing in your room"

"a project? look who's being overdramatic now" the blonde scoffed, rolling her eyes at her boyfriend before crossing her arms

"you would question me if i had another girl in my room"

"so why are you calling me overdramatic for questioning sateen?"

"because i was with a whole group of friends and you decided to pick her out of everyone there"

"because you were right next to her and you had an arm wrapped around her?"

"for a damn picture?! riley was sitting in your fucking bed playing with ollie!"

"so what other guys are not allowed to play with ollie?!"

"what happened when i hung up?"

"do you actually think i would cheat on you?" she exhaled, eyes widening in disbelief before jaeden coldly replied with

"well you had no problem almost kissing me and flirting with me when you were with lucas."

"this again? seriously?"

"yes this again. who's to say history won't repeat itself"

"okay may i remind that you also made a few moves when i was in a relationship. literally what was the point of telling me that you would've asked me out if i wasn't dating lucas when i was in a relationship with him huh? don't be a hypocrite"

"listen jae, i love you way more than i ever loved lucas. i met riley two weeks ago and i'm not interested because from the moment i looked at him i could point out all the red flags"