o n e

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

b l u e

[freshman year of college]

Looking around my empty dorm room, I place the last of my box on the ground and look on my side of the dorm room. I can't believe I'm here! All my hard work over the years has paid off, and now I'm at my dream school. Now I'm in an environment where everyone wants to learn and be taken seriously about schools. No more horny teenagers I have to deal with early in the morning.

I looked around then looked over my roommate's empty side. I wonder when he will be here. I thought to myself as I hopped I had a decent roommate for the first year of college. I sent various emails to him over the summer break giving him a lengthy background about myself and rules to follow.

Look at me already stepping up and being a good roommate already! Who wouldn't want me as their roommate?

Of course, he didn't reply, but it's okay. I guess he was very busy or probably didn't check their emails as much. Who doesn't check their school email? That's very important if you ask me.

Hearing a loud sound, I turned around to see Grace drop one of my boxes full of books. "Jesus fucking christ Blue did you pack up your whole room?" Grace says, out of breath while gasping for air. I don't see the problem. They did say at orientation to pack up things you needed that will make you comfortable, and basically, everything in my room is what makes me comfortable.

"Oh, hush up, Grace and stop being dramatic," I huffed while pushing her aside to grab my books off the ground." Even though I was giving her a hard time, I'm going to miss her very much. I don't know what I'm going to do without my best friend in my life.

"Blue, what if you get a sexy roommate you going to hook a sister up?" She says, laying on my roommate's bed while daydreaming about the boy already. "I need me an older man in my life to tame me."

I look over at her in disgust. "Don't you have someone already?" I said while placing my books on my desk for now. If I'm not mistaken, she was dating that guy that I can't remember his name for shit. 

"Who?" She says uncertainly about who I was talking about. I had to slap my forehead mentally. I wonder why this girl can't keep a man she barely pays attention to who she's with right now. Something clicks in her head, and she does the ah face." Oh, you meant that boy? Yeah, he took me to like this crack house one time, and I saw things I wish I have never seen." Grace shrugs it off like what she said wasn't alarming.

Before I could say anything, Mason walks in with three boxes in his hands and places them on the ground. I knew he would be the most extensive help out of everyone. Mason wipes the sweat off his forehead then lays in my empty bed. "That's the last of your boxes. Your mom is coming upstairs with your decoration," Mason said.