Chapter 6: Tutoring

~Chase's POV~

I'm excited to see Charli, but not so excited that we're gonna be learning math. Math isn't my subject for a reason. The numbers just don't make sense to me!!!
Anyways, I'm getting ready to head over to her house soon.

I get there about 15 minutes later and knock on the door. Dixie opens it and as soon as she sees me she gives me an annoyed look. "What are you doing here?" She asked, crossing her arms. Charli comes down the stairs "It's okay Dix, I'm tutoring him this afternoon." She smiles to try to ease the tension. I give Dixie a nervous smile as she turns back to face me, still skeptical. Dixie sighs, "Go ahead."
I walk to Charli a little quicker than normal, trying to get a little farther from Dixie.
Charli and I walk to her room on the top floor. "Do you want anything to drink?" She offers me. "No, I'm good thanks." I reply.
"Okay, we should probably get started then." I cringe. I really don't wanna do math. She laughs. "Well if you didn't want to do math, then why did you agree to come here in the first place?" She asks me. "Ummm..." I avoid eye contact. "I guess I just wanted to see you." I blush a little and look away from her. She giggles. "Well I appreciate your honesty." She walks up to me and hugs me. I'm a little surprised at first, but I wrap my arms around her and smile. She pulls away after a few seconds. "Well I do have to tutor you, so we have to go." She says. My shoulders slump and the smile on my face drops. "Oh come on, you'll be fine." She reassures me. Charli gently grabs my hand and pulls me to the desk in her room. "There's only one chair." I noticed. "I know," she says, "I'll stand." I sit down in the chair. "Nope." I say as I pull her into my lap. She shakes her head slowly. "You're so difficult." She says. "I know, but I guess you'll have to deal with me." I say as I kiss her on the cheek. She giggles, "Fine. But it's time to work." She tells me. "Nooooo whyyy" I whine as I lean my head on her. "It's okay Chasey, at least I'll be here with you." She says while she kisses my forehead. "Fineeee." I say still in a whiny tone.

~Charli's POV~

I know Chase doesn't like math, so I'm trying to comfort him as much as I can. His whiny voice is adorable though. As much as I want to keep talking with him, we have to start working.
"So let's start with a basic algebraic equation." I say. "Solve for X,  4x=32" Chase tilts his head and thinks for a few seconds. "Uhm, X=8?"he guesses. "Yep! Good job!" I pull out my left desk drawer and give him a small Snickers bar. "These are my favorite!" He says smiling, "Yeah I know, that's why I got them for you." I say. "Thanks Charls." He smiles and gives me a small hug while I'm still on his lap. "Your welcome." I say, "Everytime you get a question right, you get a Snicker's. How about that?" "Yay!" Chase says.

An hour later, we're on the last question I planned for today. "What's -7x+7 < 103?" I ask. He immediately starts writing on his scratch paper to solve the problem. After about one minute, he stops writing and looks up.
"X > -14?" He answers. "Correct!!" I give him two more Snicker's. "That was our last question so you can go home now!" I say. "Aww I don't want to leave." He whines. "You should be happy we're done with math, you never wanted to do it in the first place." I remind him. "But I wanna stay with you." He says. "Aww, you're adorable." I run my hands through his hair and smile while he's hugging me. "So are you." He says as he gently takes one of my hands and holds it. The door opens and  Chase and I both jump. "Ehm...what's going on here?"

————————————————————————
𝙒𝙤𝙧𝙙 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙩: 𝟳𝟬𝟰

ᑎOTᗴᔕ:
𝙇𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝙘𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙛𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙮'𝙖𝙡𝙡
𝙃𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙣'𝙩 𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙗𝙞𝙩, 𝙄 𝙜𝙤𝙩 𝙖
𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙥𝙝𝙤𝙣𝙚.
𝘼𝙣𝙮𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨, 𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙚 𝙮'𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙚𝙣𝙟𝙤𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧,
𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝙤𝙣𝙚!
-𝐸𝑚𝑏𝑒𝑟♥︎♡︎