CHAPTER 27

KEY OF THE DRAGONS

            “I- Don’t tell me we have to-” “That’s the only way..” Said Kai closing Derek’s mouth using his finger. “I didn’t sign up for any of this, I would have just stayed with my father.” Said Derek slapping Kai’s hands away. “Ohh with old village head aww no” Said Fox laughing at him. Derek frowned at her and they began climbing. “Quick question! Why is your friend group all heir kids of your region?” Silence filled the place because of Kai’s question. “...Okay?” Kai rolled his eyes and reached for the window bar. As he reached above first he pulled the other two up, They sat on the window for sometime panting, “This kid is really the kid of Adam..” Said Derek breathing heavily, “I hate it but, I’m agreeing with you on this..” Said Fox with her hand on her chest. “And I have no regret, He is the best student of my father.” Said Kai opening the window and jumping inside.

          “Ugh..This place is horrible than I thought..”  “This is just a library?”
“Exactly! That’s why it’s horrible.” Said Fox looking at Derek. “Let’s start looking around now..” A fourth voice interrupted them, “Adam?” Kai recognised it right away. “What are you doing here?” Asked Derek confused, “There is nothing out there and as you guys are comparatively outnumbered..I wanted to help” “Good thing.” Derek was happy so was the others. They looked for hours and found nothing, Adam and Kai looked in books for clues when the rest two looked all around the place. “There is nothing here..” Said Derek trying to sit on a chair, But the chair broke and he fell on a shelf. The shelf moved and he landed on the ground, “The- The wall opened!!” Yelled Fox which made Adam and Kai run up to them. Adam examined the ground and found out it was a pressure plate below the shelf which Derek landed on. “I guess this is it?” Asked Derek rubbing his head, While rest of them gulped looking at the bright red light emitting from the passage.

          Arthur and Agnes looked at each other and gulped, “Where is that voice coming from?” “Could it be that Evil spirit..?” Veronica asked innocently pulling Wolf’s shirt. “Haha- ha I guess not?” Wolf himself was not so sure, They moved slowly to the next room, It was dark and there were no windows in that room. Wolf and Arthur pulled out matchboxes and lighted it. They could see there were lanterns on the wall which can be lightened. Wolf and Arthur lighted some and the first thing they could see was some blood on the floor, which was leading somewhere. They followed the blood path, There were no sounds now, No singing, No talks, They even refused to breath heavily. Blood led them behind a huge clock, Behind that clock sat a little girl covered in blood, Her hair was wet, eyes were closed as she was unconscious. “Who’s this girl?” Veronica sat beside her and removed her hair from her face. “Wolf..She is covered in blood!” “Look, It’s not her blood.” Said Wolf squatting next to them. “How old is she?” “Maybe 12 or 13?” Agnes answered Arthur.

       “I think we should take her home..” Arthur opined. “How can we bring an unknown person home?” Wolf asked. “She’s just a kid Wolf!” Agnes opined. “Fine we can bring her home but only until this kid wakes up.” Said Wolf walking away to look around for the key. “And You and Agnes can go home with the kid.” mumbled Wolf turning around looking at Arthur, They nodded and Arthur picked up the girl. He body was gold so Agnes covered it with her coat. They both returned home with the kid. “...Okay..? Now it’s just you and me..” Sighed Veronica looking at Wolf smiling creepily by himself. “Come on Vonnie let’s go look for the keys..” Said Wolf looking around, “I- Uhh?” They started searching the whole place.

         Adam was the first to enter the secret passage, “Come on In!!” He shouted from inside. The rest of them entered the passage and fell straight into the pit as they did not notice the ladder. They all groaned, “Fools! You all didn’t break anything did you?” Adam made Kai stand up and checked him all over. “Woaah!” Derek and Fox looked around amazed with the huge golden room. Which led straight to a huge Go or weichi board, They slowly walked up to it. Adam looked around if there is anything else in the room but there was nothing. A room with a Weichi board in the middle. Kai sat down in front of the board game frustrated. The black stone in front of him moved on it’s own. Which made Kai fall back frightened, “Kai! You did it maybe we just have to play this for the key..” Kai looked at Adam and gulped,  “How are the stones moving on it’s own?” “I think it’s just made in a way to move in an ordered way for the royals to win it easily.” Adam replied to Kai. “What do we have to do?” Fox asked confused, “We just have to win this game fairly..” Adam answered looking at Kai. “What if we fail?” Derek finally asked the question. “Maybe we can try again as we know how it’s going to move, That’ll be much easier too.” Adam replied confidently.

        He made his first move by moving his white stone. As soon as he moved the stone, The tiles on the walls opened up with loaded arrows. “I don’t think there is a try again..?” Mumbled Fox to Adam pointing at the walls. Kai was sweating so hard, “Hey Kid I’ve seen you play with Fox and I believe you can beat this too.” Said Derek patting on Kai’s shoulder. Kai made his next move with his hands shaking.

         Arthur and Agnes reached home and unlocked the door to see, Different coloured eyes glowing in the dark staring straight to their souls. They were frightened till they realise it was just the fellow pets. They lit the lanterns and brought the kid to a room, Arthur stepped out of the room so that Agnes can clean the blood from the girls body. Agnes came back to the living room, just to see Aya and Yuki and Momo and Nami staring each other down with the kitten in the middle sleeping. “...Okay...That’s awkward..” Arthur slowly left the living room.

      “I don’t think it’s here..” “Yes it looks like it was the kid’s hiding spot for ages..” Said Wolf looking around. They both noticed the sound of horse shoes approaching, Wolf pulled Veronica behind the huge clock. Covering her mouth he whispered near her earlobe, “Sshh...Don’t make any noise..” A few men came in for searching and after a few minutes they went outside and said, “She’s not here..” A slap echoed the factory, Next thing audible was a cold voice. “If I find her inside, Next thing I’ll have in my arm will be your ugly head.” Wolf’s breath broke for a moment, “Hy-Hydra?”

        After hours of game, Adam checked his pocket watch and saw it was almost
4am in the morning, Kai took a deep breadth and made his final move to victory, “Please..” He whispered to himself. The board started shaking with his seat made him stand up. They were all frightened and thought they were going to die. Instead of releasing the arrows the board opened in the middle relieving the key. They all let out a sigh of relief. “Ahh!! We would have just broke the board at the very beginning..” Fox whined, “And become some kind of fish net ourselves? Hell No!” Said Derek picking up the key. “Umm? A dragon Key?” He tilted his head to examine the key closely.         

    AT LEAST WE GOT THE FIRST KEY