Chapter 4

"What do you mean nothing? "Wu Xie snapped annoyed and he regret it immediately as Qiling looked at him with an emotionless face.

" Nothing means nothing "He said as he detached himself from Wu Xie lap.

" Where are you going? "

" To sleep. I'm tired "

" Its the middle of the day " Wu Xie said but Qiling didn't said anything else. Didn't spared him any glance either. He left the room in their bedroom. Wu Xie was about to stand up and go after him but he was stopped by Pangzi hand on his shoulder.

" Let him be. You said it yourself that he had barely slept this days. He's tired and a nap would do him good"

Wu Xie sighed and he leaned back against the couch feeling empty without the weight of his lover across his lap. The others had stayed over a couple of more hours before Xiu Xiu, Xiazi and Xiao Hua left to their respective houses. Pangzi was about to take his leave as well when he was stopped by Wu Xie.

"Wait. Pangzi. Can you stay here with Qiling in case he woke up?"

Pangzi raised an eyebrow "And where are you planning to go?"

"Ahh. The fridge is almost empty. I'm going to grocery shopping." Its was obviously a lie. Pangzi could tell that because Wu Xie always fidget when he's lying.

"Bullshit. Your fridge is always almost empty. Neither of you can cook even if it's means saving your life. That's why you always eat out or take out"

"I take offense in that. I know how to cook basics stuff. I'm just to lazy."

"Alright. But I'm also your best friend and I know when you are lying. You are not going to grocery shopping"

Wu Xie sighed. Maybe he should have asked Xiu Xiu insted. The girl doesn't know how to read him as best as Pangzi does. "Fine. You are right. I'm going to talk with Rishan"

"You are what?!!!" Pangzi slapped a hand on his mouth as Wu Xie glared at him. Yeah. Maybe he shouldn't shout. Wu Xie clearly doesn't want Qiling to know about it. "I'm sorry. But are you out of your mind?"

Wu Xie rolled his eyes. "You are exaggerating. I'm going to talk with my boyfriend brother. Not in some secret dangerous mission"

"Its the same thing though. Have you forgotten what Qiling said. That Rishan would not care to give you on the police custody as long as he has his brother back"

"That's clearly bulshits. Rishan knows that if he does that he would not have his brother back. But Qiling would hate him all his life."

"Fine. Let's say that you won't get in trouble if you show your face there. Then what? Do you think that Rishan would tell you, of all the people, something?"

"He will. If he knows that it would help his brother"

Pangzi sighed. Well he guess that he can't change his friend mind. "Alright. But be careful. And call me if you need help."

"Still not going in a dangerous secret mission" Wu Xie said amused and he soon bid goodbye to Pangzi, leaving his friend to care for his boyfriend.

🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊

Qiling had falled asleep immediately his head had landed on the pillow and for a while his sleep was peaceful and not disturbed by any nightmares. Then it happened.
He opened his eyes and somehow he knew that he was in another nightmare.
He saw that he was in his car with his parents. His mother was chatting happily and for once his father was chatting back happily as well with his mother.

Qiling looked on the window waiting. Soon enough he saw a car speeding in their direction and his father started to speed as well. By the look on their face, scared, they knew who they were following. When their car went left he heard gunshot noise and looking out he saw Wu Xie. After this their car collided with another one and then darkness.

🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊

Pangzi sweared as he heard a shout coming from the bedroom and he stood up from the couch and he rushed inside only to see Qiling on the bed, awake. He was shaking and he was covering his mouth with his hands. From the doorway he could see him looking frantically around with his eyes without moving.

Pangzi moved carefully and he touched the boy shoulder making him flinch.. "Wah. It's OK. It's just me" he said as he raised his hands in surrender.

"Its OK. It's OK. It's was just a nightmare. You are alright" he spoke soothingly as he put a hand on his shoulder and fortunately the boy didn't flinch away from him again. "Its ok" he repeated again as he wrapped him in his arms.

🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊

"Mr. Wu Xie. I will have said that it's a pleasure to see you but it would have been a lie" Rishan said as he opened the door and come face to face with the boy.

"Mr. Zhang. Believe me. The feeling is mutual."

"Now. Why are you here?"

"I come to talk with you about your brother" Wu Xie said and he saw Rishan tensing before he glared menacingly at him.

"If you had hurt him..."

"I didn't. He's safe at home."

Rishan nodded after a couple of minutes before he let Wu Xie inside his house and in his office. Wu Xie sat down on the couch and he started to explain the elder Zhang the events of the past day. And by his tense position he could tell that the man was worried about his brother.

"I come here knowing that you must know something. Something that you let out from your story that you tell the police"

"I don't see why that information might help my brother"

"Because your brother saw something that day. After he lost his memories he had forgotten about it. But now it's was tormenting him in his sleep as his brain is trying to remember what happened. And knowing what happened it might put the end of it."

Rishan sighed before he opened a drawer from his desk pulled out a USB that he put in his laptop." Several days after my brother left with you, someone had mailed me this USB for some reason. This is the cctv footage from the street the accident happened."he said as he clicked play and he turned the laptop to Wu Xie.

Wu Xie leaned forward as he looked at the screen. For minutes nothing happened and then he saw a car coming from the left side of the street and then some gunshot. Rishan tapped the keyboard and it changed from another perspective of the camera where it showed him, being the one who shot.

Wu Xie eyes widened. So he was the one responsible for his lover parents death? Why he had forgotten this. "I.. I.. I did..."

"You didn't do anything" Rishan said as he motioned the boy to come closer. "In the beginning I thought the same thing. But then I realized that the footage had been tampered with. Luckily an friend fix it." he said and he tapped again before it showed the same thing. Only that this time beside the car there was a man on a motorcycle who shot at the car and himself shot the man on the motorcycle.