S1 Chapter 11 - Jennette's First Day

I woke up, not so refreshed and carefree like I did back at the Alpheus Mansion.

It felt so musty, crusty and dirty in the current room I was in.

I must've fallen asleep randomly because I was still wearing my debutante dress from last night.

Now thinking about last night, I frowned.

Did Father abandon me?

That quickly?!

Of course not!

Mister said that I am the lovely Princess that will be loved not just by the nation or empire but the whole continent.

I will overtake Athanasia's place as the Lovely Princess in fathers heart!

I will melt Father's heart!

I will be worthy of being the first princess!

I clenched my fist as I thought about my goals.

Firstly, I need to get cleaned up.

Opening up the door of the random room I slept in, I looked around the Ruby Palace.

Strange, there were no maids in sight.

I kept on wandering around because eventually I got lost.

My mood brightened up once I saw a familiar maid.

"Could you please help me get washed up and dressed?" I asked the maid I saw last night before I dozed off.

She scoffed and I frowned, "I'm sorry Lady but I'm afraid I'm not assigned to that job."

I frowned even more, "Why not?"

"If you know, maids are assigned to specific roles in a household or palace, like I am in charge of keeping the Ruby Palace tidy and spotless. I'm afraid there are only 5 maids in the Ruby Palace and none of them could possibly help you."

I gasped, "How dare you speak to me like that! I'm the 'First' Princess!"

"Oh really?" She smirked, "It seems to be not announced yet so you're still a lady to me whether you're a princess or the first."

"I-".

The maid walked away leaving me speechless.

Perhaps Daddy didn't announce it yet since he announced it to Mister, Ijekiel and I quite late.

He'll announce it some time today, right?

I smiled, "Today, I'll show Daddy when he calls me to meet with him that I am independent since I can dress on my own!"

Quickly trying to remember which room I came from, I simply couldn't.

At times like this at the Alpheus Mansion, I would get scolded by mister.

Mister said that Athanasia is super smart, a prodigy and even Ijekiel seemed interested since he kept studying as a competition against sister.

I'm not dumb.

And I certainly am smarter than my sister, after all I am older.

I huffed my chest, determined to get back to the room.

After I was done washing myself and picking the only dress in the closet.

I brushed my hair and tried my best to put the bow in my hair.

"Ah! I'm finally done, now I have to wait for Daddy!" I clasped my hands in excitement.

Though the dress I was wearing almost looked like a nightgown it had a few layers and had lots of white lace around.