HABIT One-Shot

I never should have gotten into them, that EverymanHYBRID channel. I had no idea that it could have brought me to be who I am today. At first I was just intrigued by the series. I wanted to conduct my own searches. I thought the series was fake, a scripted account, but dear god... I was so wrong. I started interviewing people who had posted their encounters on the Internet. Many of them admitted to lying, but others swore they had seen Slender or the Rake lurking around at night. Then it got weird. My most helpful interviewee went missing. A week later she was found dead and chopped up, her limbs... her limbs were hanging all over the fucking trees. It was grotesque to say the least...

Over another few months, everyone I had ever spoke to about the creatures or had shown videos to had gone missing or died of some odd cause. I got paranoid and rarely left the house. Another month passed and everything seemed to be getting better. I had gotten another job and I was able to have a normal conversation without feeling like someone was watching me. I was feeling happy again.

The night he came, everything changed.

I was sleeping peacefully and having dreams of what I was going to be in life. I woke up when I felt myself being turned onto my back. I went to rub my eyes so I could see better when I opened them, but I couldn't lift my arms up. I was being pinned down. I got scared and opened my eyes quickly. I saw a face I never hoped to see; the face that carried the wide smile of the one and only HABIT. As soon as I saw him, I began squirming, trying to get out of his grasp.

"Now don't try, Rabbit. I've been trying to hard to get to you, I'm not giving up now," he said darkly, his smile easing into a smirk.

"G-Get the hell off me!" I exclaimed. He quickly placed his hand around my throat; not choking me, but threatening to.

"You've forced yourself to be the last Rabbit... And I'm afraid, m'dear, that HABIT needs his sweet, little Rabbits," he moved his hand from my throat onto my cheek, where he rubbed his thumb along my skin. It felt somewhat comforting. "You're mine now. Don't you dare forget."

He kissed me lightly then got off me, taking the empty space in my bed as his. he pulled me into his arms and I curled into his chest. Maybe I shouldn't have been so scared of the monster under my bed.