The butcher man

A single parent in the 1800 gets butchered by the bogeyman

The village is cloaked in an eerie, unsettling fog. Gas lamps barely pierce the thick mist, casting an otherworldly glow.

In a remote 19th-century village, Mary, a single mother and baker, lives a life shadowed by the tragic loss of her husband in a dreadful accident years ago.

Mary, in her mid-thirties, with a quiet strength, has soft blonde hair and a weary gaze. She works tirelessly in the bakery, a place filled with the comforting aroma of freshly baked bread and pastries. The dimly lit bakery is both her refuge and her prison.

The dimly lit kitchen is Mary's sanctuary, yet it also holds the weight of her grief. She kneads dough with purpose, her hands bearing the scars of countless hours of labor. The eerie silence is only broken by the echoing of her footsteps.

whispering to herself as she kneads dough, her voice trembling.

"Robert, if only you were here. That terrible day..."

Mary's bedroom is sparsely decorated. She lies in bed, staring at a photograph of her late husband, Robert. Her eyes well up with tears as she clutches the photograph tightly. The pain etched on her face tells the story of her loss.

The clinking of utensils and eerie silence intensify Mary's unease. She pauses for a moment, as though sensing a chilling presence in the room. Her gaze falls on the charred edges of a newspaper article displayed on the wall.

The newspaper article on the wall in Mary's kitchen reads:

Tragic Blaze Claims Local Hero

Devastating Fire Engulfs Village Factory

In a shocking and heartbreaking incident, a devastating fire consumed the brick co, the heart of our close-knit village. The fire, which broke out late in the evening, quickly raged out of control. Tragically, among the brave souls who battled the flames, Robert, a local hero and devoted husband, succumbed to the inferno. His selfless actions in attempting to save others from the blaze will forever be remembered.

This newspaper article serves as a grim reminder of the tragic event that claimed Robert's life in a heroic attempt to save others from a fiery catastrophe.

The kitchen is dimly lit as the dawn light struggles to penetrate the fog outside. Mary, in her apron, works with a heavy heart.

Mary whispering, her voice filled with sorrow

"Today marks the anniversary of your passing, Robert. It feels as if you were taken from us just yesterday"

Mary turns from the dough she's kneading and looks at a small, framed photograph of her late husband on the kitchen wall.

Mary's five-year-old daughter, Katerina, enters the kitchen, her eyes filled with innocence and curiosity. She holds a ragged teddy bear tightly.

Mary smiling through her sadness, she kneels down to Katerina.

"Good morning, my sweet Katerina. Did you sleep well?"

"Yes, Mama. Why are you sad today?"

Mary embracing Katerina, tears glistening in her eyes.

"Today is a special day, my love. We remember someone very important to us, Daddy"

Mary stands at her husband's grave, a bouquet of fresh wildflowers in her hand. The tombstone bears Robert's name, and she speaks softly.

Mary whispering to the gravestone, "I miss you more with each passing day, Robert"

As Mary leaves the cemetery, she walks through the bustling market. It's here that she meets John, the new butcher in town.