Untiteld

Kirishima Eijirou has always been a romantic. As he grew up, he tried to hide his sensible side, but he soon found out he can't lie to himself (or to Ashido, for that matter, but he's pretty sure that Ashido is Satan in disguise and she probably can read minds, therefore she should not be taken in consideration here). He can't deny that deep inside he still wants to live a breathtaking romance, in which he gets to meet his soulmate during an exciting car chase. He isn't sure of the context, but he wants explosions on the background.

Through all his life, Kirishima has dreamed of meeting his soulmate. But then he falls for the boy on the bus.

It's spring when Kirishima sees him for the first time. He's going back home – or to the apartment he shares with his friend Sero. It doesn't quite feel like home yet, but it does feel a little more familiar (and messier) since Sero moved in. It had been a particularly tiresome day of boring classes, so knowing there will be a friendly face waiting for him home is a good thing. Other than that, it's a day like any other when handsome grumpy boy walks in the bus.
Handsome and grumpy is someone Kirishima got used to seeing in his daily commute: a boy around Kirishima's age – perhaps a college student as well – with a pretty face and an eternal frown. Just a familiar face with a schedule similar to Kirishima's. On that particular day, handsome grumpy boy has a friend along.

"...and who the fuck cares about what they say?" Grumpy boy is saying.

Kirishima doesn't mean to eavesdrop, but he can't help but notice it's the first time he hears grumpy boy's voice. He sounds hoarse and angry, as you'd expect. Kirishima likes it.
"Easy for you to say. You don't care when people say that kind of stuff about you." His friend, a yellow haired boy Kirishima has never seen before, leans into grumpy boy as if looking for comfort. That's interesting. Kirishima never thought grumpy boy would be the kind of friend to offer physical comfort to others.

"It should be easy for you too, Kaminari," grumpy boy snarls, and he elbows his friend. "So they were talking shit. Who cares? None of it matters when you're at the top."

Until then, Kirishima never had had time for romance nor anyone who caught his attention in that way. It was a bit frustrating, to be honest. But alas, he had told himself to be patient. There was a mark on the palm of his hand – a symbol someone else has in their hands as well – that says there's someone out there for him. A mark that will disappear as soon as he touches his soulmate's skin for the first time. Since it's right there on his left palm, he imagines his soulmate's must be on their right. The mark will burn and disappear when they first shake hands.

On that moment, Kirishima found himself wishing that that boy was his soulmate.

It was a bit ridiculous, if you thought about it. He didn't really know that boy and all he knew about him was that he was grumpy, he always took the 7pm bus and now that he had a blond friend named Kaminari. That and that he was manly as hell .

Call it a gut feeling, but if Kirishima wanted to be with someone during a car chase, he knows that that someone has to be that grumpy boy that took the bus with him. The one that will hold his hand as loud explosions fill the air behind them.

But then the two other boys started bickering and grumpy boy reached out to mess Kaminari's hair. Kirishima caught a good look of the palm of his hand. The skin was pale and empty of blemishes. No spots. No soulmate marks. Grumpy boy was not Kirishima's soulmate.

After that day, Kirishima started noticing grumpy boy more often. He would get tense when he noticed him getting on the bus. Miss him on the rare occasions he was absent. And sometimes he would even think of him while he wasn't on the bus.