Rain and Chocolates

It was a rainy day for the city. The streets shows a few people walking by, but a certain person can be seen dashing through the downpour. Just why today out of all the days?? Killua thought to himself as he tries to keep the pre heated food from the convenience store, from getting wet.

Killua hates the rain, he always forgets his umbrella whenever it rains. He thinks like its a curse day, and it doesn't seem like a coincidence either. There were some cases where he got kicked out of the apartment, getting fired at the part time job, his sister getting mad at him for some reasons, and there's still a lot more.

Panting from the run, he saw a small roof of the entrance of a cafe and thought about taking shelter there for a while. He takes a few more breathes and starts to collect himself, he's almost at his apartment but the rain stated to get stronger so he can't run any further at the moment.

He's soaked head to toe, while the food is already cold. Irritated, he starts to massage his forehead, he's so stressed lately that the rain doesn't help any at all-

"Uhm hey! Wanna come inside the cafe?"

A cheery voice suddenly pops out of no where, causing him to get surprised. What the..

"Uh, no I'll be fine, I'm just waiting for the rain to calm down." He sternly said, the boy with the cheery voice seemed more determined to his dismay.

"But it seems it will take a while, you might catch a cold out there!"

"It's none of your goddamn business, so can you let me be?!" Shocked, the words suddenly came out of his mouth that leave the two young men in silence.

"Ah- Im sorry I-I didn't mean to-" Killua stuttered but got cut off by the guy.

"Ah! its fine, i'm often told that i'm pretty stubborn and i get why a lot of people gets annoyed by it, hehe..." He says this with an apologetic smile.

Sighing in defeat, he takes a good look at the guy. He seems like the same age as he, and has a unique spikey hairstyle that defies the gravity. He wears a green and brown colored striped polo with a white apron topping mostly his clothes. He seemed like a decent guy... Killua was now feeling a bit guilty for shouting at the guy that was just trying to help him.

"Well, if you change your mind, you're welcome to the cafe anytime!" He gave another cheery voice and closes the cafe door.

The rain shouldn't be that long I guess..

-

A ring of the door can be heard as Killua entered the cafe after the hours have passed without the rain getting any better. Feeling a bit embarrassed, he was greeted by the guy again.

"Hello again, I hope you feel comfortable staying here for a while!" He smiles as he gives a clean towel to Killua.

"Yeah this is better than waiting outside getting soaked than i would've expected." He mutter 'thanks' as he got the towel and use it to his head.

"By the way, my name is Gon, Gon Freecs, what's yours?" Gon leads Killua to one of the vacant seats as he introduced himself.

The cafe was small room but somehow it doesn't feel cramp, it even feels comfortable in there, almost like its a home.

"Killua, Killua Zoldyck." Gon went to the kitchen and brought two hot chocolate.

"W-wait I didn't order anything-" he said hesitantly but Gon insists in handing the cup to him.

"Don't worry its on the house." He smiled and went to sit across him.

"Oh.. okay well, thanks." He said as he sipped the cup of hot choco and both of them enjoyed the comfortable silence.

-

A few moments passed, they started getting familiar with each other, sometimes he was left by himself as Gon is attending to other costumer but when the shop is almost empty with just the two of them, Killua tries to strike up another conversation with him.

"So want made you work in such a young age?"

Gon felt a bit hesitant after being asked, but he answered it half-heartedly.

"I'm actually helping my aunt run this shop, it's the least I can do for her." He said as he smiled but it made Killua feel like that's not the whole story. But he just brushed it off, it's not like he needs to hear the whole story of a stranger who did nice things for him from the moment they met.

"Ahh.. is that so, I guess she feels very gifted having you around huh." He tries to make the mood better but it seems like he overdone it.

"YOU REALLY THINK SO?!" He exclaimed with a child like expression, as if he got given a biggest chocolate he could ever have.

Killua was taken aback by the sudden outburst and the closeness of their faces, this caused a small blush to creeped up in the corner of his face.

"Y-yeah of course....you're enthusiastic with how you do your job and even offered me to take a shelter for a while. I don't see why she wouldn't feel that way." He composed himself, trying to brush off the little blush.

"I-I guess you do have a point.." Gon straighten himself and continued wiping the table.

Silence plague the whole shop again, until they felt like the rain has stopped. So this is it..

"Oh the rain has stopped." Gon said.

"Yeah, I guess I better get going." Killua felt the urge of just wanting to stay with him at the shop but he knew he can't do that.

"Wait! Before you go take this." Gon went to the counter and as if he's looking for something. When he look like he saw what he was looking for, he went back to Killua with a small box in hand.

"E-eh? I can't possibly-" Gon pushed the box into him, with a determined look as if he doesn't take no for an answer.

Killua could only sigh, "Alright, thank you Gon." He smiled sincerely at him.

"Its no problem, it was nice meeting you Killua!" As Gon said it, it feels like they won't meet again, and it somehow made Killua feel sad about it. He could only nod and started walking to the door.

Before he can open the door, he look at Gon again with a determined look.

"Can I see you again?"

Gon was dumbfounded at first, but he smiled at him.

"Anytime!"

-

Killua walks to his apartment with a smile in his face. Reliving the moments he have with Gon. He was the first person who made him go out to his comfort zone and is looking forward to seeing him again.

I guess rain isn't bad afterall..

[ E N D ]

A/N: All drawings that I used in this fanfic are mine, except for the characters!