Chapter 1 (Rainy Day)

Rainy Day
- by VxnusIsNotStoopy

Diluc was sitting in his office at the Dawn Winery. He noticed that it had been raining since yesterday, but didn't think much of it.

While working with Lisa, Jean said, "Kaeya isn't back yet."

Lisa shrugged, "Maybe he's with the traveller?"

"Perhaps," Jean sighed, before getting back to her paperwork." Little did she know, the traveller was in Inazuma as the harsh winds in Dragonspine meant that the bonfire had been lit.

It seemed that Kaeya was stuck in a cave, injured. He sighed once again as he felt his eyelids getting heavy. "I knew death would come to me early..." He closed his eyes, letting go of his last breath.

TIME SKIP

Thunder crashed overhead as Diluc looked out the window. He had a bad feeling about something, but he couldn't quite figure out what.... His eyes widened as he realised that Kaeya hadn't been to the tavern in weeks.

Jean, Klee and Lisa were in the library reading when Huffman burst in shouting, "Captain Kaeya has been found dead inside the Caves of Dragonspine!" Lisa and Jean immediately stood up and left with Huffman, leaving Klee to wonder, 'What does dead mean?'

AT DRAGONSPINE

Jean, Lisa, and Huffman ran through the icy paths of Dragonspine as they saw a crowd of knights gandering up at the entrance of the cave, they all went to the side to give a path way to Kaeya's dead body.

Jean looked at Kaeya, She couldn't believe what she saw, Kaeya was frozen as an popsicle. Her eyes went all teary as she stared at her dead ally, Barbara immediately rushed into Dragonspine with Rosaria,

As they entered the cave, Barbara gasped "Oh dear Barbatos, what in the archon happened.."

The knights carried Kaeya's dead body with a mat as they went back to Monstadt.

TIME SKIP

Diluc was doing the usual, not expecting the Knights of Favonius to suddenly burst into his tavern.

Jean was all sweaty and red from all the running, "D...Diluc! Please come with us just once..." Diluc sighed as he laid the glass on the counter top and once left with Jean.

TO BE CONTINUED...

<3