0:00 〇────── 4:45

⊱ ─── {.⋅ Please make sure you have read the warnings in desc before you read this!  ⋅.} ─── ⊰

Summer, has come and passed
The innocence can never last

I sit on his couch, a towel wrapped around me to dry off the rain that soaks me to the bone, but it can't dry my tears. They just keep coming.

It's over.

My legacy.

It's gone.

Wake me up, when September ends

Tommy gently shakes me awake. My energy has been sapped from my body instead of recharging, but I am used to it. It happens every day.

Like my fathers come to pass
Seven years has gone so fast

The windows are streaked with rain from the previous storm; is it over? Has the storm passed? The Sun lights the sky gold— streaks of it leaks through the final bits of the storm clouds. I can feel hope trickle into my thoughts.

Wake me up, when September ends

I run my finger across the cold window. It leaves a trail of fog along the sides of where my finger had been.

Here comes the rain again
Falling from the stars

I hear the soft pitter-patter of the rain beginning again. The gold of the sky gives way to the dark clouds of rain.

Nothing gold can stay. This will never end.

Drenched in my pain again
Becoming who we are

I open the door slowly and step out into the rain. Looking at the sky, I embrace the rain. What else is there to do? It's not like it will pass. It won't pass. Nothing will.

As my memory rests
But never forgets what I lost

I can still see it. The smoke, the debris that fell like the rain I'm under, the fire. He did this. He did this to me, but what can I do about it? Nothing.

Nothing.

Wake me up, when September ends

Strong hands grab me as I fall, but I keep falling, the world shrinks from my view and I'm weightless. I fall deeper and deeper.

And then there's nothing at all.

Summer has come and passed
The innocent can never last

And I'm back where I was, only this time Tommy is sitting next to me and a deep ache is throbbing on the inside of my skull, pounding on my skull like it wants to get out.

Wake me up, when September ends.

He sees that I'm awake, and he pulls me into a tender hug, but I don't feel anything. I don't want to. There's just... nothing.

Ring out the bells again
Like we did when spring began

The last time I had been in my home, before... what he did to it, life had seemed so normal. So okay. I should've known that something was going to go wrong. That's just life. And I don't want to take it anymore. I don't want to deal with it.