CHAPTER 15 - HE GAVE UP?

CHAPTER 15

HE GAVE UP?

"Hi Ray," I said giving him a kiss on the cheek. He moved back and instead of his cheeks my lips met his.

"Good to see you back in school babe," he said smiling down at me. I blushed and kissed him again, just to be interrupted by someone clearing their throat.  

It was Jeremy.  

"Yeah, I'm not in the mood to stand around and see you guys try and swallow each other in the parking lot," he said locking his car. "So I'm going to go." 

I shot him a serious look, getting an innocent smile from him.  

"Yeah me too," Zac said following him.  

"I'm going to go look for TJ," Jen said walking past Ray and I. "Don't have too much fun."  

I blushed and looked at the ground.  

When everyone left, Ray and I decided to walk inside the school as well. He held my hand in his and we started walking.  

"So, I needed to tell you about the plan," I said. His hands stiffened in mine.  

"I thought that man told us to stay out of it," he said. "He might hurt you again."  

"Yeah, well that's what I said, but Jeremy and Zac are still hooked on finding out who it is that's doing all of this." 

"Well you tell them, if they need help with that, just ask me."

Two weeks had gone by and I haven't heard or seen the creepy stalker guy. The phone calls , creepy notes and his random appearances had stopped. We actually thought he had given up.

"We should throw a party," Jeremy suggested. The seven of us were at McDonalds. 

"You always want to throw a party," I said laughing.  

"Well that creepy stalker what's his face hasn't shown up in nearly two weeks now," Zac said throwing a chip in his mouth.  

"Probably chickened out," Tyler said laughing.  

"You never know," Ray said from beside me. Everyone looked at him curiously. He took a bite of his burger then looked up. "He could show up again." 

"Well if he does, he's going to go through us," TJ growled. Ray shrugged and took another bite of his burger.  

"So," Jen said breaking the awkward silence. "Is the party settled?" 

"Yeah, my house?" I asked.  

Everyone nodded then we left to go shopping for food and snacks for the party.

The next day, everything was set up for the party. Food, snacks, drinks, music, and trust Tyler to get alcohol.

"Tyler!" I shrieked when I saw the boxes of alcohol he and TJ put down on the counter. "Where did you get all of this?" 

"I have my sources," he smirked.  

"Don't you think it's a little too much," I asked.  

"Relax," he said throwing his arm over my shoulder.  

"Yeah, well I don't want to be the one who's cleaning vomit off of the floor the next morning, okay?" I said then walked to the living room where I saw Jeremy and Jen setting up the food and drinks on the snack table. Zac was hooking up his speakers to the dock and picking music for the night.  

"7 pm," Zac said when he noticed me walk in. "Everyone's arriving." 

"Cool," I said sitting next to him on the floor. "I heard TJs cousin is coming as well." 

"Kenzie?" He asked. "The hot one?" 

I laughed at him.  

"Yes, Kenzie, the hot one." 

"Kenzie's coming?" Jeremy asked walking over to us and taking a seat on the floor next to me.  

"Yup," I said nudging him and Zac. "You guys like her." 

"What?" Zac asked nearly yelling.  

"Psh, no," Jeremy said waving a hand in the air. I chuckled at them.  

"You both are so cocky, you won't admit it," I said standing up and walking away.  

Kenzie was really pretty. Jeremy and Zac had a crush on her in 3rd grade. Zac would always flirt with her though and Jeremy would get upset. But they decided that they won't let a girl come between them. Which was a good thing. I wouldn't bare to see the two apart. They have the cutest bromace. 

"You're lucky I'm busy with my music," Zac said. I stopped then looked at his cocky grin. "You don't want this to end up in a tickle war now do you ?" 

Tickle war.  

That took me back to the moment when Jeremy and I were... 

I looked at Jeremy and he looked like he was thinking about the same thing. He looked at me, trying to read my face. Zac saw our awkward behavior and narrowed his eyes at us, but just shook his head and went back to his music.

"Right," I said awkwardly. "well, I'mgoing to go help Tyler, with, whatever he's doing."

I scurried out of the living room and into the kitchen. I sighed in relief, closing my eyes and leaning against the wall. When i opened my eyes, i recieved weird looks from TJ and Tyler. 

They looked at me like I was some crazy person that ezcaped from an asylum. 

"What?" 

They put their hands up in surrender and laughed.

"You okay there Skye?" Tyler asked.

"Yes," i said. "Peachy."

"whatever you say," TJ chuckled.