Finale

They woke up the next morning.

"Good morning" Levi said and softly kissed her

"Good morning" hange said

"Do you have a phone?" Hange asked Levi

"No why?"

"We should inform Erwin maybe he can get us out of this mess"

"Nobody can. I have to do something on my own." Levi said

Hange looked at him and wrapped her arms around him

"You are not alone Levi. We will do this together" hange said

"No hange, it's too dangerous." Levi said

"We are partners right. Captains of the survey corps. The best duo"

"Former captain" levi said

"We have taken so many dangerous cases levi, you shouldn't worry about this"

He kissed her "but this is too dangerous."

"Then we will win this, together" hange said.

"But-"

"Levi, trust me" hange said

Levi sighed. "Fine, just stay by my side this time"

"Ok"

They got dressed and finished that packet of chips.

Levi handed her the gun.

"Take it i'll use the knife. And be careful there are 5 bullets use it wisely"

Hange nodded.

"So our plan is to go to kenny's place and kill him. Because killing him is the only way to stop all this."

"Are you ready?" Levi asked

"Yes"

"Then let's go" levi took her hands and headed to their destination.

It has been two days, erwin must have sent a search team for me. This might help us. Hange thought.

They carefully sneaked into kenny's place. Making sure no one saw them.

They were on the way to kenny's main room. There were not many men on their way. levi found this quite suspicious. They entered the main hall. Suddenly the door closed on its own.

Shit they were trapped.

"My dear nephew" they turned towards this voice.

There they saw kenny sitting on the chair with a cigar in his hand.

They quickly reached for their weapons. But then they were grabbed by his men. They couldn't even move now.

"I was expecting you to do something" kenny said

"You must be thinking why I didn't chased after you. Because I knew you will come back to kill me. But i wasn't expecting you to bring your lover with you"

He walked towards hange

"Hange Zoe. We didn't have a chat right? I am Kenny Ackerman. I should say that I am impressed with your fighting skills and bravery. I heard about you before. You were the best detective of the city. An intelligent one. But still I am confused why you fell in love with this street rat." Kenny said

Hange growled at him.

Kenny chuckled "an angry one. I see"

"I even thought to recruit you in my gang. You and Levi would have worked pretty well. And it might have benefited me. It would have been easier for me to convince Levi to work seeing how much he is helpless when it comes to you. But now.."

Kenny took out his gun

"You two did a terrible mistake. And now you're gonna pay for it"

He pointed gun at hange. "I think killing you first would be nice. I want to see Levi's reaction."

"Nooo" levi yelled trying to get out of their grasp.

"Any last wishes zoe" kenny asked

Hange looked at him with fire in her eyes, this made him flinch.

As he was about to pull the trigger. The door burst open. The sudden movement caused kenny to slip his gun. Hange and Levi got of their grasp. And took out their weapons. There were petra moblit and the team.

"We've got this captain" moblit said

"Let's kill that bastard" Levi said

Moblit petra and the team picked up with kenny's men.

There were gunshots, screams and blood

Meanwhile Levi and Hange went to kenny. Hange shot him in his leg.

Kenny winced in pain.

"I'll kill you" levi said and grabbed his collar.

But hange stopped him

"No Levi, We should surrender him to the police" hange said

"But hange"

"Levi just do as I say" hange said.

"Fine" he tied kenny's hands.

"I knew you had a good heart zoe" kenny said smirking

"Listen you old bastard, I am not doing this out of pity. Once you reach the jail. I will make your life hell. I don't want to give you easy death. I will make you pay for everything" hange yelled. Her eyes were burning with anger. Kenny flinched at her speech. Sure this was gonna be hell.

"Let's go four eyes" levi said

They reached the police station and surrendered them.

They went to Erwin's office.

"Hey eyebrows" levi said

"Levi.. where were you all this time?" Erwin asked.

They told him everything.

"Oh.. so tell me levi you want to join again?" Erwin asked

"If you want me to" levi said

"Welcome back Levi to survey corps"

Levi had a small smile on his face. He missed being here. He actually liked to work here alongside hange and everyone else.

Just then the telephone rang. Hange was about to pick it up but Erwin picked it up instead.

"So what's our new case" hange asked

"No, you're not working on this one" erwin said

"But we joined back" hange said

"You two are going to take a break, go on a vacation or something" erwin said

"But erwin I want to work" hange said

Levi clicked his tongue. Always a workoholic hange. Levi wanted to spend some more time alone with her. But here she was thinking about work

"Erwin's right hange you have been through a lot these days. We should go on a vacation"

Hange pouted "fine"

"Let's go four eyes"

The best duo is back. Humanity's smartest and Humanity's strongest working together again. The headline of the newspaper read.

They solved cases like it was child's play.

Just like before. The only difference is they are now a couple.They are still bickering at each other. They live together now in their mansion.

Their wedding is scheduled in a few months.

Their colleagues sighed in relief, finally they are together.They were tired of waiting for this. 

A/n:- this fanfic ends here. Thanks for reading this. I tried to write the best as I can. I am still learning though. Feel free to give me suggestion on what to write next... Bye 👋