Chapter 14: Nick Fury

After everyone ate, Ryan felt tired and wanted to go to sleep. She and Melody ended up sharing a room together, Ryan having the upper bed out of the bunk bed. "Hey Melody?" Ryan asked in the middle of the night, not knowing if Melody is asleep or not.

"Yeah?" She heard a small tired voice from under. "Do you think that we can ever.. survive this?" She asked, talking about Ultron. "Don't know if we can, but we are gonna have to get ourselves through it" She mumbled, Ryan had a bit of difficulty hearing what she's saying but managed to get it in the end.

"You better not die out there, or i will kill myself with you" Ryan warned. "Hope I will" She murmured. Ryan quickly got up and stuck out her head upside down looking at Melody. "What?" She asked, having no response back. "Melody?" Ryan hesitated, asking once again with no response.

Ryan quietly jumped down from the bunk bed and checked up on Melody to find her sleeping.

She sighed out of relief before she left the room to drink a cup of milk since she felt like it. She walked downstairs careful to not make any creaking sounds and wake up any light sleepers from their sleep. She patted her shoulder after successfully going downstairs without waking anyone up.

Ryan opened the fridge, for a second feeling blind from the yellow light of the fridge. She took out the milk and poured it into a small cup that seems to belong to one of the kids. She shrugged it off, milk is milk whether in a cup or a bucket.

She put it back and picked up her glass to take a sip. "Ryan Brook" A voice called out from the darkness of the kitchen causing Ryan to spill a bit of the milk on her clothes. "I swear I will die out of a heart attack from being here" She commented.

A figure appeared out of the darkness and into the only light open in the kitchen. "Nick Fury" He introduced himself.

"Would've introduced myself but you already seem to know me" She sipped her milk. "21 years old, father is Alec Brook who works as a therapist for the avengers. Mother is Olivia Brook, used to be Olivia Nyson. You work at a nearby boutique next to your house as the assistant, but was fired last night for the lack of presence. Made the name for yourself when you saved a small family from a fire. Yes, I do know you" He seemed to know more than what Ryan knows about herself.

"I literally didn't know that i was fired"

"I should really learn how to keep my mouth shut" She scolded herself.

He walked by and sat at one of the seats of the dining table. "Director of S.H.I.E.L.D, I'm the one in charge of this whole avengers thing" He spoke with no emotion. "So I'm only here to ask you one question" Ryan felt anxious, she did not know what the question will be or what the topic would be.

"Do you think that you can control your abilities and become a full time avenger?"

"That's a multi-million dollar question Mr. Fury" She answered. "Luckily, I have the money for it. Answer away as you please" He laid back on the chair, looking more relaxed than earlier.

Ryan thought about it for a moment. She doesn't rely on herself a lot, it was mostly her depending on her father to do everything but for once in her life she can actually feel like she can do something without anyone's help. "Yes, I believe I could" She answered.

"I've studied your powers. Well, I've had people figure out more about you" He stood up, taking out a file from his long black coat. She frowned once he put down the folder in front of her, it had a big red bold 'classified' print on it.

"This might help you know more about yourself" She picked up the file and looked at the head page before turning on to the next page. Ryan saw a picture of herself with everything he mentioned earlier included. Next page was a page full of words and small pictures, and so was the next page and it continued on with big paragraphs.