Chapter Nine | Puck and Madman |

Elle joined Kara in hanging out with Pitts and Meeks. She was told that they managed to broadcast to different radio stations, and she wanted to see it for herself.

They were listening to the newly released song, A Teenager In Love. Kara was spinning around the room with Pitts laughing. Meeks and Elle were jumping around, not so subtly gushing over the other two.

"Look at Pittsie in love," Meeks grinned over at Elle. She laughed out seeing Pitts' cheeks tainted red, attempting to ignore the comment.

"Don't tease the poor boy Meeks, it's clear Kar's the same way," Elle thought it was only fair to add Kara to the taunting.

Before Kara could retaliate with a comment about Charlie, they heard yelling from the hallway that sounded like Neil.

"Charlie! I got the Part!" They hear him exclaim from outside the boys' dorm.

Peeking out, Meeks pulls down his headphones so he could hear Neil more clearly.

"What'd he say?" He asks looking towards Pitts.

Before Pitts can answer Neil does it for him.

"I'm gonna play Puck! The main Part!" He cheered, running back and forth across the dorm's hall, telling everyone in his excitement.

"Charlie I got it!" He yells out again to Charlie, giving him a hug.

"Great Neil!" He praised him, proud and happy for his friend.

Before Neil could run back to his dorm, he got tackled by Elle.

"You did it, you did it! I'm so proud of you Neil, I knew you could do it!" She gives him a big crushing hug.

"Thank you Ellie," he gasps out, his lungs feeling like they're being crushed by the strength of Elle.

Charlie, seeing Neil's struggle, makes his way over, gently pulling Elle from Neil. "Come on Elle, don't kill him now, you still want him alive so he can actually be in the play." He mutters in her ear dragging her back, while Neil goes over to Todd.

"Your new nicknames Shakespeare, I hope you know that!" Elle quickly call out to him as he leaves with Todd, before turning back to Charlie.

"I wasn't going to kill him, I was just congratulating him!" She rolls her eyes, pushing him back so she could go to Kara and go back to their dorm before they were caught past curfew.

*

It was finally Monday, and they all had to present their poems they wrote in front of the class. The first to suffer was Knox. He was already standing at the front of the classroom, crinkled paper in hand.

"To Chris," he began, earning a smirk from Elle, a giggle from Kara, and a mocking look from Charlie.

"I see a sweetness in her smile, bright lights shine from her eyes, but life is complete and contentment is mine. Just knowing that-" he gets cut off by laughter from some people in the class.

"Just knowing that... she's alive." He finishes off in a whisper, crumpling the paper in embarrassment walking back to his spot.

Elle felt bad, glaring at the guy who was laughing the loudest causing him to immediately quieten.

"I'm sorry Captain it's stupid," Knox mutters. "No, no it's not supid," he reassures Knox. "good effort, it touched one of the major themes; love." Mr. Keating walks back to the front of the classroom.

"A major theme not only in poetry, but life." He continues. Once Knox sits down, Charlie leans over his seat patting him on the back.

"Mr. Hopkins, you were laughing. You're up" Mr. Keating orders him. He confidently strolls up to the front of the class, pulling out his paper.