𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

𝐚 𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐞 breeze blew into my face, as i made my way down the rigid footpath that led back to my villa

        𝐚 𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐞 breeze blew into my face, as i made my way down the rigid footpath that led back to my villa. it was a bit chillier than most days. i snuggled my jacket tighter, pulling on the sides to make it cling tighter to my body as the wind blew my hair wildly. the trees swayed slowly in the distance; the sun was just setting among the treeline which was an especially beautiful sight.

     "miss, miss. would you like to play a game?" i turned around to see a tall fair skinned man dressed in a fine suit, holding a silver briefcase. it was a nice dark grey suit paired with a white dress shirt and a striped dark grey tie. the suit fit the stranger a bit tightly so that it outlined his body frame.

      a rich looking dude in a suit who wants to play a 'game'? yeah, no thanks, he definitely means something else.

      "no sir, i'm afraid i have to be heading home." i flashed him a small, friendly grin before turning on my heels again, headed for my home.

      "are you sure you can't spare a few minutes? just one game of ddakji." he attempted to reason with me but i continued down the path, acting as if i never heard him. i think he understood what i was doing seeing as i heard a low exasperated sigh come from him. good, he'll give up and find someone else to badger.

      thump. something had crashed to the ground but i didn't let that stop me. who knows what this creep wanted from me. i began to speed up, fearing what was to come next. come on jio, walk faster before a white van comes around to snatch you up. wait... i can't outwalk a van. what am i thinking?

      "tell you what," the mysterious man continued on, "for every round you win, i'll pay you 100,000 won."

      i stopped dead in my tracks, almost losing my balance due to how abruptly i ceased my steady movements. what. the. HECK? okay this dude has lost- no just keep walking. he'll give up. but on second thought i do need that money. shoot. well how hard could it be to win a game of ddakji? i'll just win a round then go home. nice and simple.

      i must have gotten lost in a train of thought because i heard the man clear his throat before saying, "well?" in a quite impatient tone if i do say so myself. my eyes cautiously ran over his form, unsure of what to do. i wouldn't want to be rude. i might as well humor him.

     "will you let me go home if i do?" i asked, trying to hide the hint of excitement in my voice, at the mention of free money.

      "of course, miss!" the older man smiled brightly as he opened his briefcase turning it towards me.

      my eyes bulged at the sight. HOLY MOTHER OF FU- fudge. that's a lot of money. i licked my lips, trying to hide the hunger that was creeping in my eyes. two cards were placed in my line of sight, one blue and the other red. i raised my eyebrow in confusion. "choose, red or blue?" he said, clearing my earlier confusion.