𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 10

(1120)

(I'll edit it tomorrow) (legend says she never edited it and prob never will)

There was silence as Alden led the small group further down the cobblestone path.

Nobody knew what he wanted to share with them, but by the grim look on his face it wasn't good.

Eventually the friends came to a stop at a pure, the lost cities' most popular tree, that gave the cities the freshest air around. The sky was a cerulean blue, with fluffy white clouds. 

"So..." Keefe said, trying to fill the awkwardness.

Alden sighed before he began. "I'm sure you're wondering why I brought you here." 

The group eagerly nodded.

"Before I tell you I want you to know there is no reason to worry." He said.

It was obviously lie, because he only ever said that when something was wrong.

"This was on my desk in my office, when I entered this morning." Alden continued as he retrieved a scroll from his dark teal cape. 

The group sucked in a sharp breath when they saw the seal. It was a black stamped marked with the ever-seeing eye of the Neverseen.

"Is that from..." Fitz asked.

Alden nodded. "Grizel hasn't been able to find out how they got in."

The other goblins whipped around to glare at their comrade. Lovise muttered under her breath about sharing important information with others.

"Maybe you should let the ogre try. We can't be tricked." Ro said making the goblins growl.

"You all will be aloud to check but I doubt you will find anything. The Neverseen know what they are doing."

The bodyguards huddled together, probably discussing their plans for the search.

Alden turned back to the anxious teenagers. 

"I haven't opened it yet. I thought it would be best to wait for you all." He said.

Then he slowly peeled of the wax seal, careful as to not rip it, or the paper. He unraveled it, and immediately gasped.

The others leaned it around him to see what was on the page. 

Their faces instantly turned green.

There was an image.

It was of a familiar blonde girl, chained to a stone wall with iron shackles, on her legs and wrists.

Sophie.

You could barely tell it was her. Sophie's usually shiny hair was dull in the low lighting, and was caked with dirt. 

Her skin was ghostly pale, and her gold flecked eyes were bloodshot and terrified. 

Her cheeks were tear streaked, and red.

All of their eyes traveled down to her arms and neck.

Bianas hand flew up to her mouth.

She was covered in horrific black handprints, burned into her skin. Blisters lined her limbs. She had been gruesomely tortured for hours. Her left foot was twisted in an unnatural way, clearly broken.

Next to their friend stood three cloaked figures, grinning maliciously.

Brant, Fintan, and Lady Gisela.

Keefe looked away, looking ready to vomit. "When I see her next..." His threat to his mother fell short.

A sob slipped out of Linhs mouth.