We meet...

"Who's the hottie?" I nodded my head at a woman in a pencil skirt who was talking to Quentin. I heard Tony say something, but my body was too transfixed on the woman talking to Quentin. Even my eye with a huge black and blue from the night before.She had dirty blonde hair, and beautiful green eyes.

"Dude!" Tony snapped in my face, diverting my attention back to him.

"Sorry, what were you saying?"

"I was saying that's Laurel Lance. Quentin's daughter."

"So, don't go anywhere near her?" I asked to confirm.

"Lance would have our heads just for looking at her." Just then, Quentin's eyes met mine and he waved his hands in a motion telling me to come in.

"Yes sir?"

"You said you needed to talk to me?" He asked.

"Uh, yes. Me and a few other detectives were at a bar last night and I got into an alteration with the man."

"I can see." He pointed at my eye.

"Uh, he had a substance on it. I had CSI run it and it was heroin. The same type that was found in the victim from the park yesterday."

"Good job Vasquez." I nodded. We stood in silence for a few seconds. "Oh, Vasquez, this is my daughter, Laurel Lance, Laurel, this is our newest detective, Alana Vasquez." I looked at the woman again. She really was gorgeous. She extended her hand and I shook it. "Laurel is a lawyer in the D.A.'s office." Quentin bragged. "Actually, Laurel, if you don't mind taking her to get her eye checked out that would be great."

"Sure daddy." She smiled and led me out of the office. I looked over my shoulder and saw the smirks of Tony, John, and Angie as Laurel led me away.

XXX

"Laurel, huh?" I asked as she patted my bruised eye with gauze.

"Laurel's my middle name. My first name is Dinah after my mom, but I prefer Laurel."

"What a beautiful name for a beautiful woman." I winked. I could have sworn I saw her blush.

"Thank you." She pressed an ice pack to my eye. "So, why'd you move to Starling City?" She started making small talk.

"Just needed a fresh start."

She laughed. "That's everyone's story."

"I was a detective back in Central City. Me and my partner were as close as you could be without sleeping together. He was like a brother to me. Then, this guy comes along. Richard Hale. Kidnaps him and four other detectives on the case. Then, he blows up the place. No survivors. I couldn't deal with survivor's guilt, so I packed my bags, broke up with my girlfriend, and drove 600 miles here."

"Girlfriend?" She asked.

"Yeah. Never really supported me though. We were never serious." Awkward silence. "What about you? What's your story?"

"Dated the playboy. Cheated on me with my sister." My eyes widened. "Yeah. That playboy was Oliver Queen. He and my sister are both presumed dead and I picked up law."

"I'm sorry to hear that." I told her honestly.

"It's okay." She wiped a tear out of her eye. "Uh, I have to go now, but I will see you around." I would have called after her, except my phone rang.

"Yeah?"

"The tox screen came back. Your heroin was a match for what was found in the victim."

"Thanks." If only I knew how much I was going to love that woman.

XXX

"Marquez." I called after him. "We got a match. The heroin I found on that guy last night is a match for our victim.

"I mean, why would that guy want to do in a chef everyone loves?" He asked.

"Don't know, which is why we have to question him." We walked to the questioning room where the man was being held. Inside was his limp body. "Shit." I went up to him and took his pulse, but there was nothing. "No pulse."

"We need a bus!" Tony called out into the hallway. I looked around and my eyes landed on a note.

"Suicide note." I said as I held the paper. "And he confessed to killing our chef."

XXX

"Pretty anticlimactic way to end your first case, but at least there's one less drug dealer on the street." Angie told me as we got changed.

"Yeah."

"Hey, do you think you could give me a ride?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Just let me grab my bag." She walked off.

"Hey." Laurel's smooth voice came from the door.

"Lance, what could I do for you?"

"Just wanted to check in. I heard you got your guy."

"Yeah." I smiled. "Feels good."

"Good to hear. Hey, do you maybe want to grab a drink?" She asked.

"I would, but-"

"Hey, I'm ready." Angie stopped when she saw Laurel. "Sorry, was I interrupting something."

"Don't worry Russo. I'll see you guys around." She gave me a glance before walking away.

XXX

Laurel's POV

Two days here and she was already sleeping with other detectives. And to think I thought she might have been interested in me. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Maybe I should stick to guys. Easier to read.

XXX

Alana's POV

"Dude, you know she's totally crushing on you, right?"

I scoffed. "I wish. Look, I've been here for 48 hours. Not looking to get with the captain's daughter." I paused. "Yet."

"Yet? So you think she's hot?"

"I- to be honest, she's the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. But, I've been here for 48 hours. Not going to go for the captain's daughter." I told her again.

"Just saying, if I wasn't straight, I'd hit that." We both laughed.

"I think she thought we were hooking up."

"What?"

"I mean think about it, she asks me to go out for drinks, then you show up, and I turn her down. How does that sound to you?"

"She asked you to get a drink with her?"

"You're focusing on the wrong thing." I told her.

"No, I think you are. The girl half the dudes at the station are trying to get with asks you out and you turn her down? Dude, I would've walked the five miles to my house."

"I said I'd drive you, so I am." I reminded her.

"You better make it up to her somehow."

I scoffed. "Sure, like the hottest girl ever, who just so happens to be the captain's daughter gives me another chance."

"So you do think she's hot."

"Like I said, she's the most beautiful woman I've ever seen." I pulled over in front of Angie's house.

"Ask her out, or I'll ask her out for you." She slammed my car door behind her and walked into her house before I drove off.

A/N

Sorry if this chapter is bad or if there are some mistakes in it, but this is the sixth chapter I've written in 12 hours, so please cut me a break. Either way, hope you enjoy!