cuatro

—— Monse

—— Monse

Arriving home I huffed out seeing my dad isn't home yet. I parked my bike next to our Jeep and entered the empty home. "Another night alone it is."

Sighing, grabbing my bag that contained my bow and arrow I walked out the house and set a trail to the back of the woods. The house that was left for my family was a huge mansion, something my family is very proud of. I hated it. It was beautiful, but all that space for two people was just absurd.

Entering a clearing my father showed me about a year ago engulfed my view, the scenery was beautiful every inch of the floor was crowded with flowers and small patches of stones. I breath in smiling at the sight.

Settling my bag down I grab my bow and arrow and started walking around the area shooting at every bulletin I had installed with swift movement I had pin-pointed six bullseye in a row. Standing for a minute straight the earth around me stood still, huffing I grab my last arrow and placed it on my bow.

As if I was going to hit the bulletin furthest from me, I shoot my arrow in between two trees. I waited only hearing a hiss and a groan coming from where I had shot.

"It's dangerous to stand from afar, especially when I'm the one holding a weapon," I smirk dropping my bow, grabbing two of my favorite blades and stalked towards the 'victim'.

Emmet Cullen stood across from me.

"Are you trying to die?" I raise an eyebrow.

He chuckles. "If I wanted to die I would have came around when your dad's here." He grabs the end of the arrow and shoves it out of his thigh.

Some hunky thighs should I say.

Mentally groaning I grab the arrow from him. "You aren't going to stab me, right?" He asks, looking at the knives in my hands.

"I might if you hurt me." I shrug.

"I would never hurt you." He says all too confidently.

My eyes widened at his words.

"Sorry," he sheepishly says. "You wouldn't understand."

I nodded. "Then make me understand." I softly say.

Emmet Cullen looked like a scary man, but he looked nothing of the sort. In fact I choose to believe he's just a big cuddly bear that people just misunderstands. Yes he looked like he can beat you up like a plump, and maybe yes if you bumped into him he'll slam you into the lockers but I know he wouldn't hurt a fly if he wanted to.

I would know because I was observing all of the Cullen's, especially Emmett. Rosalie would glare at pretty much everything and everyone, Alice always had kid aura making everyone love her instantly, heck I love her without even talking to her. Jasper was obviously a vampire whose still struggling with bloodlust, Edward was a background guy but given the fact that Bella Swan has entered it may have seen that he's not so much in the dark anymore.

So in conclusion, Emmett is someone I would not be afraid of. Call it an instinct per say.

"I take it you know all about the supernatural world." He hesitates taking a step towards me making me grin.

"That you and your coven are vampires?" I bluntly state.

He nods. "And you and your father are werewolf legends." He grins at me.

I laugh. "Werewolf's yes, legends not so much."

"Well, to be fair I met most of your family back in the days and they really hated my guts and Edward."

"Yes I am aware of your encounter with them, they log everything everyday. Quite annoying if you ask me." I shrug, looking down at my knives I hesitantly placed them behind my back pocket and looked at Emmett who was looking at me in reassurance.

"I promise I won't hurt you, heck I would hate myself if I did." He declares, his chest puffing as if he was in fact telling the truth.

I nodded letting my voice speak for itself. "I trust you." And it's true, for some reason everything about him screamed ease and home. It's as if he could understand me that he sat near me where a bench was plot to see the Mountain View.

"My great grandfather the third hated how wholeheartedly you were in his presence." I stated sitting next to him. A grin rose to his lips. "Said quote you were a charmer, a devil in disguise unquote."

Emmett laughs clutching his chest as if he couldn't believe what he was hearing. I grinned, his laugh was beautiful something everyone should definitely hear.

Stop it Monse.

"He only liked me because I got him the last self portrait Picasso drew right before his death. Picasso was a genius in those times, always listening to a word I said, of course him being deaf and all."

"I-"

"Sorry," he sheepishly apologizes again. I shake my head.

"No, no. I'm just in awe that I actually have the last piece of Picasso in my foyer!" I shrieked grabbing hand and yanked him behind me.

"I don't think it's a good idea if I come into your house, your dad can easily kill me you know!" Emmett tries to pry off my arm but I stubbornly held on tighter.

"I won't let him." I finally halt as I step into my house with Emmett behind me. He follows closely trying to not be left behind. "You know, for a small beautiful woman like you, you sure do walk fast."

I smirked. "I got the werewolf gene, remember."

"Ah yes." He sighs.

Finally we stood in the middle of my family's house foyer and stared at the portrait. "Is this the one?" I ask looking up to him.

Emmett grins, he looks down to me and up at the portrait. He grabs it slow and with steady hand turns it over, in the small right left corner held a small paragraph of words in Spanish.

'Para Rorian Clemente-Cruz, espero que este retrato pueda resolver el odio que tienes por mi familia. Picasso te dedica esto can armonía y amorosa. Tu Emmett Cullen favorito. April 01 1972.'

"No fucking way." I squealed. "You've met Picasso and my grandfather Rorian?! Dude you're a legend in my books then!"

Emmett laughs making me blush a slight bit. If I didn't knew better I was growing frond of the boy beside me, knows Spanish and met the ancestors, and met Picasso! He was far beyond then amazing.

He sets the portrait back where it was and the both of us stare at it side to side.

"Your my mate." He interrupts the silence between us.

"She's your what?!"

Fathers voice screeched the walls making me shudder and Emmett recoil in fear. Processing what Emmett I turn to him in fury.

"I'm your what?!"