An Anemo Slime Encounter

Watching from afar, that's how it is with me. My field of study isn't hands on. It involves the patience to sit still for hours on end taking notes while allowing yourself to make any noise. My life isn't "hands on either." I used to feel as if I didn't have any control over where it went, like I was just waiting patiently for something to happen. God's how I hated that.    My journey to the seven nations is my way of snapping myself out of that mindset.

Right now I'm sitting on a tree around 15 metres above a hilichurl camp. Pen and notebook in hand, I'm closely observing the beasts, recording their every move. Why am I doing this? Well, for the academy I'm writing my final thesis on how hilichurl behavior varies in each nation. That's the (less personal) reason I embarked on the journey that landed me here in Mondstadt. Studying hilichurls is my passion!

"AH-," I yell in shock as something hits me from behind. I whip my head around and see a big, round, honestly kind of cute anemo slime hopping away from the tree I'm perched on. As I descend to chase the slime down I don't make any noise to disturb the hilichurls due to my years of experience. Stuffing my notebook in my bag, I take out a different book, my magic book. I run up to ambush the slime and in a quick flash of lighting from my palm, all that's left of the creature is a wind current. As I looked at the steady flow of wind I just couldn't help myself and so are into the air on my glider.