ch. 9

jiyeon stayed rooted on the ground. damn, she was nervous. she did not know how to greet haruto's family. what if she makes a fool out of herself in front of them? she could've just refused and didn't follow haruto to his car.

but it's too late for that. she's in front of haruto's house. they went inside and they were welcome with a girl younger than haruto which she concluded as haruto's sister, airi.

"hey, nii-san! oh, jeongwoo oppa you're here too... with?"

"oh. this is jiyeon. jeongwoo's cousin and my-"

"MOM! NII-SAN BROUGHT HIS GIRlFRIEND!"

"wha-"

"airi! no. she's my friend and a classmate in english class." he told her.

jeongwoo snickered as jiyeon stomped on his feet while haruto tries to clear up the misunderstanding. haruto's mother came to welcome them. jiyeon and jeongwoo bowed at haruto's mother before they all went inside.

"i'm home." haruto said in japanese as his mother hugged him. "airi, why don't you go and continue setting up the dining table, okay?" their mother said as airi nodded and went back to the kitchen.

"jeongwoo, long time no see." she said and hugged jeongwoo. "and you must be jiyeon. jeongwoo's cousin. haruto told me about you. come inside. make yourself feel at home." his mother said as jiyeon smiled.

she was warm. like her mother.

"don't be shy, okay?" she said as they nodded. jeongwoo went to the living room and turned on the television set like it was his own house making jiyeon think that he was probably always at haruto's house.

"you can sit beside, jeongwoo. i'll just change my clothes." haruto said as jiyeon nodded. she timidly went and sat beside jeongwoo who was now peeling orange.

"you are so shameless." she commented.

jeongwoo grinned and offered an orange. "want one?"

"no thank you." she answered. jeongwoo shrugged as jiyeon looked around before noticing airi by the door frame. as the social awkward she was, she wanted to pretend that she didn't notice airi's stare but she was afraid airi would think she was being rude so she smiled at airi and waved at her. airi smiled before going near her.

"hello. i'm airi, haruto's sister. i'm sorry if i said you were my brother's girlfriend. he only had guy friends and he told me the only time he'll bring a girl home is when he would introduce his girlfriend."

haruto said what? he's so dumb. jiyeon roasted him in her mind.

"it's fine. i'm jiyeon. his classmate and friend i guess?" jiyeon chuckled.

"onee-chan, you're so pretty." she complimented her. "thank you, airi." she smiled. his family is so sweet. why is he not? jiyeon shook her head.

just in time haruto went down and saw airi sitting beside jiyeon.

"airi, be a good girl don't make her too uncomfortable. i'll just help mom." haruto reminded her sister. airi nodded and haruto went inside their kitchen.

"his looks are so intense. it would make you think that my brother is always angry but he's actually very kind." he is.