Chapter: 4

I opened my eyes in the morning to the sound of the rain. I love the weather, I like rainy days. Here in London it gets cold the whole year but sometimes it would rainy and the weather would be normal. I took few steps to the bathroom but I felt so exhausted so I walking back to my bed to lay down. Maybe I'm just going to take this day off. I took my phone and dialed Jones' phone number.

"Hey Jones" I greeted him.

"Hey Jacqueline, what's up? I was actually about to tell you that today I'm going to close the restaurant I'm not feeling well today" his voice sounded tired as well. Just like mine."Oh thank god" I sight in relief. "Why? What's wrong? " he asked as I drowned myself into my bed.
"I wanted to ask you if I could have this day off, because I feel so tired today, and the weather is so good "I explained.

"Haha luckily I'm closing today because I wasn't going to let you take the day off " he giggled as he finish his sentence.
"But when I asked you before 2 weeks ago it was totally okay with you! " I replied angrily
"I said yes so you can meet up with your dad" Well he had a good reason. But my mood started to change when mentioned my dad. "Ugh why did you remind me, okay gotta go , bye!"

"Okay bye"

Jones still wants me to talk to my dad. It's been 2 weeks since I saw him. I still need time to think .

That sound again, I thought he only plays piano at night. Maybe because I'm not at home all day so I just don't know.

He suddenly starts to sing along while he plays piano. That voice of his own is so beautiful. It actually melts my heart, and the song he sings is really beautiful. I sometimes just wish I could meet him one day, but the door of his house is facing the other street. I wonder who is he.

I felt so hungry so I started to get ready to eat some food. "Wow it's already 12.30 p.m." I said to myself with a surprised voice. It's been a while since I ate Asian food. There's an Asian restaurant next door I only need to walk to reach that place. I walked out of my apartment and locked it before taking the elevator.

The rain stoped and the weather turned really nice today. The soft light of the sun. And a quite cold wind. Luckily I wore my sweater. I saw a chair on the way to the restaurant so I just decided to sit there.

"Yeah I'll catch up with you later" I heard a voice coming closer to me "okay okay" It's like I recognize that voice. "Bye" I trun around my head as I realize it's Ben! He was talking with someone through the phone .."I SAID OKAY! STOP IT OKAY! BYE!!' he said angrily. He seems really mad. "Sorry miss for shouting next to you" he turns around as he says that. "Oh hey, Jacqueline " he smirks as he says that.
"Never mind. didn't thought you would remember my name, most of people says that my name is hard" I looked at the ground as I said that.
"No it's not , you actually have a beautiful unique name. " and there it goes. The famous smirk of his own.
"Oh thank you , Ben" I formed a smile on my lips.
"Good, you remember mine too" he smiles . He kept smiling while talking to me, I guess I was smiling too. Is this normal? "Where are you heading to?" He asked after few minutes of silence.

"Well today the restaurant I work in is closed so I decided to get some fresh air, and now I was actually on my way to an Asian restaurant nearby but I saw this chair and decided to take a rest."
It starts to rain as I say that. We quickly ran into an indoor place so it can cover us from the rain. Some kids were playing behind us suddenly they push us into the rain, and I fall on him, again, once the kids pushes me. Under the rain, laying on Ben.. we giggled because we were in an awkward situation. We kept staring at each other's eyes. I felt as there's butterflies in my stomach. He looked so cute at that moment. Our lips were almost being touched but then"ahh again I fall on you, give me your hands to help you get up" I said " okay " He gave me his hands to hold." I'm free now, would you mind if I walked you to the restaurant, but show me the way because to be honest I'm not a fan of Asians food" he says while I was straightening my sweater.
"Yeah sure. But why aren't you a fan of it? It's really good and kinda different " we start walking while talking " I don't know, I actually haven't try it yet" he does the cute smirk again " well I think you should try it today, with me"

"So do you call this a date?"

"not actually a date, or maybe it is.. hmm it's an unprepared date" I shrugged. Unprepared date? Really? Is that the best I could come up with.

" unprepared date.. cool " He laughs at my suggestion.

"To be honest, I never been in a date before "
"Seriously?? You are too beautiful .. I'm just giving a reason " we both laugh. I explained to him why, and how I hate 'love'. He still can't believe that I didn't went to any dates yet. Then he told me how many girls he dated, but only for a first date then he never meet up with them again. He told me that he haven't found the 'perfect' girl for him yet.
"What do you prefer? Mee or rice?"
I asked when we were about to order "hmm I don't know, order anything you like"
"Okay, 20 chicken satay and 10 lamb satay"
"What was that? Satay? " He asked curiously
"yes, I'm pretty sure you will be addicted to it soon!"
"Okay, hope so.. haha "

We finished our meals. He actually liked it. Glad he did. We walked home, he reached my hand and held it suddenly. I felt so surprised when he did that, but it was sweet if him to do that. As I reached home he wanted to kiss me but I turned my head so that he kisses my cheeks instead and whispered to his ears " too soon, Ben, Too soon." And smiled.
He waved goodbye.

Again.. that sound makes me sleepy every night. It makes me feel as I'm in a movie or something. It's like background music. Because I was still thinking of Ben, and the day we spent. We kept talking all day. He didn't look like he got bored of me. It was a well spent day.

I slept right away because I knew I had to wake up early the next day.