Chapter 8

*Junko POV*

Screaming. Running. More screaming. I was sprinting as fast as a could through the halls of Hopes Peak, but it felt like I was going at a snail's pace. The whole time, the screams of my classmates seemed to come from inside the walls, taunting me. I blinked, and suddenly there was a wall right in front of me. Walls all around be, locking me in a box as the screaming just got louder. Searing pain rocketed through my entire body, and when I looked down my torso was covered in blood.
I taste metal.

My eyes fly open, and I'm suddenly in a dark room. I start screaming, both from the pain, and the familiarity of waking up in a random place I didn't know.
I can't see anything, so I grab around blindly for anything I can get my hands on, still screaming. Suddenly, someone puts their hands on me. They start saying something I don't bother to listen to.
I try forcing them away, throwing my arms around wildly in an attempt to get them away from me.
Then their voice is right next to my ear.
"Junko, please calm down. I know you're scared, but I'm trying to help." They mutter. I recognize the voice as my twin sister, and all the fight goes out of me as I curl into myself, sobbing.
"I know... I know..." Mukuro says. And she really does. She's a soldier after all, nightmares are an occupational hazard.
My head snaps up as her presence finally sets in.
"Mu... Mukuro? What are you doing here?" I ask in between labored pants. She was supposed to be with dad, so why is she suddenly in my room with me?
The lights suddenly turn on, and I blink at the image of my sister next to the light switch.
"I came to stay with you because I was worried. I'm here for a week, remember?" She says. I stare off into space as the memories from yesterday start slowly fading in.
"Oh..." Is all I have to say. Mukuro sits on my bed next to me, and awkwardly takes my hand.
"Um... do you... want to talk about it?" She stutters. As much as my sister knows about nightmares, she's shit at talking about feelings.
I smile at her as best I can, shifting so I'm sitting right next to her.
"Not really, but thanks." I respond. To be honest, I can't remember that much about it now that I'm awake. The only thing I can't get out of my head is the pain.
It felt so real, and all too familiar. I can still feel a slight ache in my torso.
Mukuro nods, and we sit in silence for a long time, just holding hands. The contact is nice, grounding me to reality.
The silence is abruptly ended by my phone chiming rudely on my bedside table. I pick it up and unlock it, knowing immediately who the text is from.

LittleLeague: Hey could you guys come over first thing tomorrow?

"What is it?" Mukuro asks quietly. I frown and furrow my eyebrows, almost too tired to even read.
"It's Leon." I reply. "He wants the gang to come to his house tomorrow."
The more I talk, the better I think. It's been almost a week since we last got together. I can't deny that I'm excited to see them again.
I look up at Mukuro. As much as I want to hang out with my friends, Mu-Mu's worried about me. I can't just leave her after she came all this way to see me. Mukuro gives her best smile -which isn't too great, but we'll work on that- and rubs the back of her neck. 
"If you end up going, do you mind too much if I come with?" She asks. "I'm just..." I return her smile, nod, and look back at my phone.

SuperStar: well sure but why do you want us there so early?

LittleLeague: My cousin Kanon is coming over

LittleLeague: I don't really feel safe around her

My eyes widen. I remember him talking about Kanon while we were hanging out in his dorm. She's a certified crazy bitch. The chat is silent for a while.

MyGuy: I'm coming over right now

Damn... Hiro doesn't get mad easy. I decide I should head over too. Not only for Leon's sake, but for Hiro's too. He might actually start a fight with this chick.