Chapter 3

The boy woke up. He was still in the basement. He was too weak to sit up. Cold and dried blood surrounded him. He knew it was dark outside, or else it wouldn't be this cold. Despite how weak he felt, he knew he had to get up. He weakly stood up, and winced as the pain shot up his arm again. He whined. A creak was audible.
"Daddy?" Geno guessed.
No response.
"Robert?"
The creaking returned.
"Robert... Help me, please..." He whimpered, falling back down on the floor, now sitting. Geno felt a rub on his shoulder.
"It's okay, Robert." He accepted the invisible entity's apology.
Footsteps were heard heading into the darker parts of the basement. Robert wanted Geno to follow him. Geno shook his head, scared.
"Robert, it's dark over there. Are you sure?" The boy squeaked, still holding his fractured arm. The footsteps didn't stop, meaning Robert still wanted Geno to follow him.
Geno then heard something in the darkness. A voice, was it? Geno approached it out of curiosity. He hadn't heard a voice like this, it was deep and soothing. He couldn't make out what the voice was saying, but it was so faint.
"Robert? Who's down here with us?" Geno asked, not out of fear, but out of curiosity.
Geno's vision was getting hazy again, but he fought through it enough to get to the other side of the basement. He clutched the wall and did his best to stay upright. He was still losing blood, and fast.
"Daddddyyyyy..." He groaned, his head spinning worse.
"There's a bandage next to the table on your right, Geno. You need to stop the bleeding now." The deep voice whispered.
"Who... Are you...?" Geno was literally about to fall onto the ground, but an invisible force held him up. Geno was now too weak to move anymore, barely clinging onto consciousness.
"Shhhh... Keep your energy, young one." The calming voice told him, suddenly he yelped when he felt something cold touch his fractured arm. Then he felt it wrap around his arm, and he realized that something; no, someone; was trying to help him. That's never happened before.
Geno finally slipped into a deep sleep.

***

He woke up. He was in his bed, a blanket drawn over him. There was an unfamiliar man standing in the corner, but Geno couldn't tell if he was imagining things, of if there was actually someone there. He opening his mouth to speak, but nothing came out of his sore throat. Geno was sick with a cold from being in the basement. Not to mention all the blood loss he has suffered.
"Don't move, darling," The man said. It was the same man who had saved him earlier. But as he stepped out of the shadows, he wasn't a man, he was a kid. Around his age. Maybe two years older. Geno wasn't sure. "You need to stay as still as possible. It's best you don't move."
"Who are you?" He managed to croak.
"Shhhhh... Don't speak. I'll tell you later." The other boy sat on the bed next to him. Despite not being able to see that well, he could make out some facial details. He was also a skeleton, his body was draped in a black cloak, and his eye sockets were lightless and dark, but also filled with emotion.
Geno passed out again. When he woke up, he felt surprisingly better. As he looked around for the kid he had seen before he woke, he realized that he wasn't there anymore.
"Hello?" He got up.
"Boy." The rough sound of a Goss's voice from the door entered.
"Daddy?"
"What have you done to yourself. This is your fault, you know." Goss's voice was stern.
"I'm sorry, Daddy." Geno looked up at his father, sorrowful.
"When will you learn?" Goss growled, and started taking off his belt.
"Daddy, please don't..." Geno pleaded. He felt hot tears well up in his sockets, and Goss didn't seem to care at all. He grabbed one end of the belt.
"Daddy, please!" He begged.
"Stupid little boy." Goss lifted his arm up, and cracked the belt down, but something happened. Goss disappeared into whisps. The belt started melting. And screams that weren't his were audible.
"Daddy? Where'd you go? Daddy?!" The little boy got up, worried about his abusive father.
"Don't be worried for him, Geno." The voice he heard in the basement, and in his room a while ago rang out. Geno spun around, looking for the source but was unsuccessful to find it.
"Where are you? Who are you? I need to know who you are! What happened to my Daddy?" Questions flooded out of his mouth in a wavery tone of voice.
"I'm here, you just don't see me yet. I would tell you who I am, but I highly doubt you'd believe me. And, you father is being taken care of. Don't worry." The deep voice assured.
"Tell me who you are... Please." Geno pleaded.
"I'm Robert."

=========================================

Hope you like this chapter.
Sorry it took so long.