Welcome [Back] to Arcadia Oaks! (Pt.1)

Alex's POV:

"Ugh, why can't I find ANY good houses?" I complained to no one, but myself, as I flopped onto the sheetless mattress. All the houses in good neighborhoods are taken. I don't really trust bad neighbors, regardless of who lives in them. And I don't feel moving into another apartment.

I stared at the ceiling as I took a deep breath so I could calm down. I don't to lose control of it. I'm guessing your wondering what it is? Well, since my fourth birthday, I was able to manipulate different elements. Fire, water, earth, you name it. I have control over them, as long as I keep my emotions in check. I learned certain elements correlate with different emotions. Light goes with happiness, fire goes with anger, water goes with sadness, you get the gist. How did I figure that out? I may or may not have accidentally set my homework on fire when I was little.

As I layed on the bed, still staring at the ceiling, I grabbed my necklace that I always have worn, and examined it like I always do when I'm bored. It was a necklace with a beautiful purple mauve crystal, dark gary metal with a bit of a mint green tint. The metal encasing that's attached to the crystal looks kinda like a mushroom top with vines dripping down.

It's a family heirloom, no one remembers why it was deemed important. But it's still important nonetheless. I was originally going to receive it on my eighteenth birthday, but my mother died seven years before that. So, I ended up getting it earlier than expected. I find it weird that the crystal tends to glow whenever my powers are being used.

A sudden thud from the closet brought me out of my trance. I stood up from the bed and walked over to the closet. As I opened the door a whole bunch of pictures, new and old, fell out of the closet, and onto the floor. "Wonderful..." I mumbled. I grabbed the box the pictures were set in, placed it and myself on the floor and got to work.

There were lots of pictures. Some were me and my classmates from school, some were me and my friends, some were me mom and dad, some were my cousins, some were of the entire family, most were just me and mom. But there was one in particular that caught my eye. It was a photo, me and another boy who looked younger than me were in the picture, it seemed we were in a town square of some sort. I turned the picture over to see my mother's handwriting on the back. It read, 'Alex & Jim in Townsqaure'

I smiled as I remembered all the good times I had with him. Damn, I haven't seen him in... almost eleven years! A frown crawled it's way onto my face as remembered the way we were separated. I promised him that I be there for him after his good for nothing father left, that I be the best friend AND big brother he could ask for... than my father had to say I couldn't go with mother to visit them anymore. Why? Because I needed to 'focus on my studies to become a lawyer'. Look how that turned out. Than mom died a month after, and... it was just hell from there.

As I finished putting the pictures back into the box, I put the box more securely inside the closet before shutting it closed. I stood there for a moment before an idea struck me, I ran over to my computer to do some research and book some things. And all I can wonder is... does Blue still remember me?