one

A woman no older than 32 named Maggie laid on a gurney panting, sweat pasted to her forehead and painful groans escaped her lips. Beside her sat a man at the mere age of 45, with black hair, tan skin and blue eyes. His name is James. He whispered sweet nothings to her, his hand clasped inside hers as each contraction hit her.

This was his fourth baby. Maggie however this is her first. James had a wife before Maggie, giving him his three sons. After the very stressful divorce between the two he went to a bar and met Maggie; they hit off immediately and became good friends until they became more.

"Ugh!! This is all your fault!" Maggie groaned out in pain. James however just kissed her forehead, "I know" he whispered.
The nurse checked how dilated Maggie was and it was time. "Oh! It's time to start pushing Mrs. Knight.." She sweetly said.

After ten painful hours of contractions and birth they heard the beautiful sounds of a baby cry. Their baby. "Congratulations! It's a girl!" The nurse smiled, handing a bundle of light pink to Maggie.

Maggie looked down that the small bundle of pink and let out a small gasp. She was absolutely beautiful. Curly hair, thick long eyelashes, flushed cheeks and a red birthmark painted her hairline. Maggie leaned on James, who was just as awe struct.

"What do you wanna name her?" James asked quietly. "Evelyn. Evelyn Mae." Maggie mumbled with a smile. James kissed her temple and smiled at his girls. "It's perfect." Was all he said.

James didn't have to worry about his boys, as they stayed with his parents; their nona and papa. He was happy. He had his three sons, a beautiful wife and a precious baby girl. He couldn't be any more happier.

first time the Knight boys meet her•
It was the day Maggie and Evelyn were coming home from the hospital. The boys were excited. They couldn't wait to meet their sibling. James walked in first where he saw the three boys on the couch next to their nona and papa.

Maggie followed with a dark grey and light pink carseat with the words 'poco Knight' in Italian. Which meant Little Knight. The boys looked over and their eyes immediately met the carseat, following it as it got gently set down in front of the trio.

James crouched down and unbuckled his piccolo(little one) and gently picked her up. The boys watched as a small baby with a light pink outfit on got revealed.

Alexandro; the oldest at 12 got to hold her first. His finger was held in the small fist of Evelyn while he cradled her like she was made out of glass. He kissed her birthmark and smiled at her sleeping face. This was when he made a promise to himself that he wont let harm come towards her.

Matteo; second oldest at 9 got to hold her after Alexandro. His arm supported her while one hand held her arm gently and the other softly pushed back her curls. He looked at her in awe; her thick, long eyelashes, chubby pink cheeks, her tan skin, her birthmark, her visible dimples, and freckles. She was the definition of beautiful. Matteo promised himself that he would alway protect her.

Last but not least Antonio; age 8, held her. He held her as if she was a china piece that cold break any minute. His finger gently ran across the red mark that started at her hairline and ended in the middle of her forehead. "Whats this mark?" He asked. Maggie looked up from her bundle of joy. "Her birthmark." She smiled at him. He nodded. He thought for a moment before leaning down and placing a feather-like kiss right on top of it.

James knew this was when the Knight boys would officially protect their little sorellina(little sister) for the rest of their lives. She had them wrapped around her little finger without her or them quite knowing yet.